Regardless of the time of year, winter or summer, beach or vacation, it often makes sense to read your book on your phone. Afterall, you can only lug around so many Agatha Christie murder mystery books in your luggage!
Usually, we read physical books, sometimes eBooks, but a great way to keep up with reading is to read books on your phone.
The screen on the mobiles already offers an outstanding resolution, especially since the high-end phones have made Full HD fashionable. If you are looking to read eBooks on your smartphones with high-end comfort, we’ll cover five applications that will allow you to do so.
5 Free Apps That Let Your Read Books for Free on Your Phone – iPhone and Android in 2021
Here is the official list of the top 5 apps to read books on your phone or tablet.
1. Wattpad – Read books on mobile
This application gives its users an unlimited and constantly-expanding library of free books and stories.
In it, you’ll find over 10 million books and stories, you’ll be able to connect with the writers, get book updates, read offline, and customize your preferred reading settings.
WARNING TECH GEEKS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Princeton, NJ
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
With this app, you can access approximately 5,000 free books, or over 195,000 with Premium. Within this service, you can read digital books of thousands of genres in several language options.
The books are read through streaming software, so you shouldn’t have problems with format incompatibilities. You can also create shelves, organize, and place your ebooks.
- You can find it on iOS and Android.
3. Google Play Books – Great app for mobile reading
This is one of the best apps to read books on digital devices. With this app, you can customize your reading experience to the fullest. You can read online and offline, with the ability to resume reading where you left off across connected devices.
You can also bookmark pages, underline text, and add notes. It features a realistic 3D effect when turning pages.
You can search up your favorite books, use the dictionary, search geographical information, as well as select day, night, or sepia reading mode. In addition, you can select the type and size of the letters, listen to the books if the editor has enabled voice synthesis, and upload PDF files to your library.
- It can be downloaded on both Android and iOS.
4. Rakuten Kobo Reading App – Read Books on your mobile or tablet
The Rakuten Kobo Reading App allows you to browse Kobo’s extensive catalogue of the world’s best eBooks, comics, and children’s books. You ca read them conveniently on your smartphone or tablet. Search by author, title, topic, or genre to discover your next great read!
- Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text and adjust the size and style to your preference. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime, and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like to.
- Discovery is easy with personalized recommendations based on your reading habits. Plus, read free previews for thousands of eBooks to help you find your next great read.
- Pick up right where you left off and never lose your spot. The Kobo Reading App will automatically sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
- Share your love of reading on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Post your favorite quotes, notes, and thoughts from the eBooks you’re reading.
- Get this app on both Android and iOS devices for free.
The last (but not least!) app that helps you read books on your phone is Aldiko book reader. This app supports EPUB and PDF formats as well as Adobe DRM encrypted eBooks. It also supports eBooks from public libraries.
- This app is fully-customizable for reading. You can adjust the font size, type, and style as well as background colors, margins, alignment, line spacings. Even better, you have access to brightness settings and Night Mode to best suit your preference.
- It has a very user-friendly interface. Create your own bookmarks anywhere in the book, or rapidly jump to different sections of the book through the table of contents.
- It has an advanced library management system. You can import your own EPUB and PDF files into the app to read them on the go. Organize eBooks by tags and collections. Aldiko will also remember your reading position automatically, bringing you back to where you left off.
- Aldiko features an in-app shopping experience. Browse huge catalogs of eBooks including best-sellers, new releases, and classics (lots of them are free!).
- Other cool features not to miss: global text search in a book, dictionary, add your own favorite catalogs (OPDS support), and more.
- You can download this app on your Android smartphone or iOS device.
There you have it! These are the 5 best apps to read books on your phone or tablet. I hope this article helps you read your books with comfort and flexibility. If you have any issues in downloading the apps or any other issues, let us know in the comments below. If you are already using any of these apps or have suggestions, share your experience!
Which app do you use to read books on your phone or tablet?