Have you lost your mobile phone? It was just in your pocket a minute ago while traveling and now it’s gone. But how? You might have forgotten between the seats of your couch, or misplaced somewhere during your working day. Maybe it’s now in the hands of someone who found it on the sidewalk. Whatever the way you lost your mobile phone, all you want to do is get it back. You don’t have to worry anymore. Because there are a plethora of ways to get a hold of your missing or lost a mobile phone. We help you to trace or track lost mobile phones with some technical apps and methods.
No matter whether it’s a smartphone or a tablet which is running on iOS, Android, or even Windows platform, possibilities are high because it already has the software required to track it down. Many smartphones manufacturing firms are building a smartphone with a number of beneficial features.You can even install an app remotely to find your lost phone. Here’s a complete guide on how to find you lost or missing mobile phone in different ways. Check it out!!
Different Ways to Track your Lost Mobile Phone
No one would like to have this feeling of missing a mobile phone. In this article, I will be explaining you five different ways to find or track your lost mobile phone. You can find different ways to track your lost phone no matter whether it might be an Android phone, iPhone or Windows handset. Here are the 5 different ways to find your lost mobile phone.
1. Track your Lost Mobile Phone using Apps
There are numerous apps for finding your lost mobile phone. The major smartphone platform providers such as Apple, Google and Microsoft are including retrieval technology in every smartphone so that it could track your phone even it is lost. Usually, these apps work on the account that is associated with your device.
- For Android devices – Google Account
- For iPhones – Cloud Account
- For Windows Phone – Microsoft Account
All three devices let you remotely lock and wipe your device, ring the phone, and set up specific messages to alert whoever finds it.
A. Where’s My Droid
Where’s My Droid is an Android app that comes to the rescue when you lost your mobile phone and trying to track it. Whenever you lose your Android smartphone, all you need to do is to text your mobile number with the “attention” word from another phone. Once you send that text message to your lost mobile phone, the app will automatically turn up the volume on your Android phone so you can hear it ring.
- Just download Where’s My Droid Android app and install it on your Android device.
- Once you install it on your phone, select the attention words, and then set the ring time length if in case you misplace or lost your phone.
- The app can also get the GPS coordinates with a link to Google maps, if you’re not near enough to your phone to hear the ringer.
Even after using the Where’s My Droid app, you don’t find your lost Android phone then, it might be actually stolen. The first thing to do now is to block the SIM of your Android phone using its IMEI number.
WARNING TECH GEEKS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is:
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
B. Android Device Manager
Android Device Manager is a powerful tool which is developed by Google in order to assist its Android users. By using this tool, you can easily locate your lost Android mobile in Google Maps. If you lost your mobile phone within a short range of distance you can then ring your mobile even it is in Silent mode. You can even change the lock code of your device remotely using Android device manager.
If you have some important data in your mobile which you don’t wish to reveal it to others, then you can just wipe the whole data of your mobile using Android Device Manager. Download Android Device Manager right now on your Android device and access it remotely if in case you lost your phone. You can find a detailed guide on how to use Android Device Manager when you lost your mobile phone.
C. Lookout Mobile Security for Android
Lookout Mobile Security for Android is another Android app which is fully packed with powerful security features, including a cell phone locator that helps you to locate your lost mobile phone. All you need to do is simply Download Lookout mobile Security for Android app on your mobile phone from the Google Play Store. Install it on your device and you need to register this app with your email account which is at FREE of cost.
Lookout delivers two different ways to help you find your lost Android phone:
- The first service is a GPS locator that sends you an email to your computer or Laptop with the exact GPS location of your lost mobile phone. GPS locator can be set up to either locate or go off remotely either from your mobile phone or a PC.
- The second feature is an alarm that screams upon tracking your lost mobile phone. It can also be set up to locate or go off remotely from your PC or phone.
Lookout offers anti-malware and antivirus protection. Just like your have an antivirus software on your Windows PC, you should always have a good antivirus app installed on your Android Mobile device, and lookout is a pretty good option that provides a backup and restore and security scan.
D. Plan B
Plan B is one of the best Android apps which is offered by Lookout. This is the last option for those who never installed a security app, but have noticed themselves in that hopeless position of losing their Android phone. Plan B can be remotely installed on your device (PC or Laptop) using an Internet connection. Plan B uses the same GPS feature that the regular Lookout Mobile Security app provides. You can install Plan B Android app from the Google Play Store app.
Plan B Android app has the ability to switch on the GPS of your android device. Moreover, the location of your android device gets updated for every 10 minutes, and you will receive an email notification every time your cell phone gets located.
2. Samsung Find My Mobile
If you’re using a Samsung mobile, you can find your lost mobile just by using the Samsung’s official Find My Mobile app. For implementing this method, your device needs to be connected to the internet. Your device needs to be registered with a new Samsung account, and you need to have Find My Mobile set up.
- In order to locate your lost mobile phone, just visit Find My Mobile website and log in.
- Look at the sidebar on the left to make sure your device is registered and select ‘Locate my device’.
- If your device is connected to the internet, it’ll show you the rough location for your phone, and also allows you to make it ring, send a message to the device and wipe your data.
3. Dropbox Camera Upload
In some cases, you can use Dropbox to track your lost mobile phone. If you’ve installed this app on your mobile phone,] it would be pretty much easy to locate your lost device. For this, your phone needs to have an internet connection and it must be online. All that you need to do is to Turn ON the “Camera Upload” setting in the app.
Now, this particular method is not reliable, but there is one situation where it might be the great chance you have. Whenever the thief of your mobile takes any photos using your handset, the Camera Uploads which is activated in Dropbox will upload the photos to your folder on Dropbox. This way, you could easily identify the thief, and possibly figure out his or her location depending on the background in the photo.
How to Trace Your Lost iPhone?
We have different mobile phone platforms and accordingly there are various mobile phone tracking apps for Android which I’ve mentioned it above. Now, you can find a detailed guide on how to find your lost iPhone. You can get back your precious iPhone when lost using the Apple’s native feature called Find My iPhone. This app is included on every iOS device, and can display your lost device on a map to assist you quickly locate and manage it.
- For doing so, you need to have a computer or another iPhone wherein you need to install the Find My iPhone app and deploy this feature.
Note: These features works only when your device is powered on and connected to the Internet.
- Initially, log onto iCloud and open the Find my iPhone feature. If you don’t have an account, just create a new one.
- The Apple service will locate your phone on a map and give you various options like:
- Send a message to your phone with “lost mode”.
- Play a sound.
- Erase the contents of the iPhone.
- You can do all this without any additional configurations.
Find my iPhone is also capable of locating your Mac, iPods, and iPads as well. It’s an incredibly effective tool for tracking down just about any iOS device.
How to Trace/Track Your Lost Windows Phone?
Did you lost your Windows Phone, don’t worry. If you’ve misplaced or lost your smartphone, you can recover it with the help of a built-in service. Microsoft has included a lost phone feature right into Windows Phone 8.1 or above, enabling you to quickly find the location of your phone or set off its ringer. Just like all the other features, after adding your Microsoft account, it needs no additional configurations. This works only if your device has power and is connected to the Internet.
- Firstly, go to the official page of Microsoft’s devices, and you’ll see all your phones and tablets available to search through the location service.
- You can even remotely lock and wipe devices that you think might have fallen into the corrupt hands.
These are the five different ways to find or trace your lost mobile phone. Hope this tutorial guides you in the best way to track the location of your lost mobile phone [Android, iPhone, Windows phone].