More than 80% of US companies are on Instagram, according to Social Media Trends, and that number only grows annually. In this article, we will tell you the best times to post on the Instagram social media network 2018.
With images of high engagement and amazing videos, Instagram is the king of visual content.
However, there is a problem.
Just like Facebook, it is increasingly difficult to reach your audience organically and to be at the forefront of the social network’s algorithm.
With the importance of these means for business and their presence in the lives of online users, you probably want to know the best times to be accurate in your strategy, right?
If you’re still not convinced, keep in mind that Instagram is the preferred network of 47% of social network users (also from Social Media Trends 2018).
Best times to Post on Instagram Social Media
In addition, we can not underestimate the power of this media to generate business opportunities. Then let’s tell you what we discovered:
- The best times to post on Instagram are Wednesdays at 3 pm, Thursdays at 5 am, at 11 am, at 3 pm and 4 pm and Fridays at 5 am.
- Thursday is the best day to post on Instagram.
- The safest publication hours are from Tuesday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Sunday is the day with the worst engagement for your Instagram.
We can draw some interesting and even surprising insights with this data.
To begin with, some of the hours of greatest engagement are at the end of the morning, at 5 o’clock in the morning.
An extremely unusual schedule, but that can be justified by those who wake up early and have a habit to watch their Instagram as soon as they wake up.
Other good engagement schedules are in the middle of the afternoon during the working days, which characterizes users who often look at their social networks to disperse a bit from the routine and fatigue of the day.
Contrary to what we may think, weekends are not as bad for engagement as business days.
Actually, even outside the home, people use their mobile phones and are highly connected. Despite this, the engagement drops considerably during the mornings of Sunday and Monday.
Currently, it is essential for any company to be in this network and know how to act in it. After all, Instagram is considered by many as the network of the future.
Perfect times to post on Instagram for non-profit companies
Several non-profit companies have been using Instagram to visually represent their organization. We have already managed to advance that the best schedules for that sector are similar to the general ones of the platform.
- The best time for publishing a post is between 10 am and 2 pm on Fridays.
- Other high engagement schedules: Tuesday at 3 pm and 9 pm, Wednesday from 3 pm to 4 pm, Thursday from 2 pm to 3 pm and Friday from 10 am.
- The safest times for publishing a post on Instagram for non-profit Companies are working days from 12 am to 5 pm.
- Saturday has the lowest engagement rate.
The best times to post on Instagram for educational institutions
Companies in the education sector have many opportunities to engage their students and alumni with a network as visual as Instagram. The best schedules to publish are:
- Monday at 8 pm.
- Monday is the day with the most engagement.
- The safest hours are business days from 11 am to 4 pm.
- Sunday has the lowest engagement rates.
The best times to post on Instagram for the health area
Organizations in this sector are losing incredible opportunities to get involved with their consumers and show inspiring stories if they are not on Instagram. The images and videos connect with users sincerely and are essential in this industry.
- The best publication schedule is Tuesday at 1:00 pm.
- Tuesday is the best day for publications of brands in this sector.
- The most accurate times for post publishing on Instagram is from 9 am to 4 pm from Tuesday to Friday.
- The weekends do not generate much engagement for these companies on Instagram.
Better times to post on Instagram for the technology sector
Technology companies usually have difficulties to visualize their brand through social networks. However, there are many ways to do it effectively. Inspiring yourself with the best brands on Instagram is a good start.
These are the best schedules for these companies:
- The best schedule is at 10 am on Wednesday.
- Thursday is the best day to publish on the network
- The safest hours are from 10 am to 5 pm from Wednesday to Friday.
- Sunday is the day that generates less engagement.
Better times to publish a post on Instagram for retail sales
With the introduction of Instagram stories, consumer goods companies have the opportunity to sell their products more easily. Therefore, it is important to know when you will have potential buyers visiting the application.
- The best hours are from 11 am to 1 pm on Saturday.
- Wednesdays tend to be the days with the most consistent engagement.
- Post every day between 10 am and 3 pm, these are the best schedules.
- Monday is the day with the least engagement.
That is it! These are the best and perfect times to post on Instagram for Health, Education, Non-profit organisation, Retail, Technology compies. If you have any other queries let us know them in the comment box and we will get back to you as soon as possible to clear all your questions.
Also, check out the
- The best times to post on Facebook Social Media Network
- The best times to post on Twitter Social Media Network
- The best times to post on LinkedIn Social Media Network
Do you use Instagram? At what times you are active on your Instagram?