Top 5 hackers in the world:
1. Gary McKinnon
- Born with a disease Asperger’s syndrome
- This disease made him be very intelligent with a less understanding capability.
- Studies say that the people born with this disease have greater knowledge over 1 Subject, for Gary it is computers-hacking.
- He is been accused of largest hack ever on US govt. computer networks including army, Airforce, navy, NASA and some other military Networks.
- Made a total damage of around $7 mil.
- Deleted several files belonging to Weapons description, some important military Files etc
2. Jonathan James
- 16-year-old American black hat hacker
- First person to be arrested for a cyber crime
- At age 15, he hacked NASA’s main website and the dep. Of defense
- He was reported to have stolen software worth $ 1.7 millions
- Hacked Defense Threat Reduction Agency site and hacked the passwords of 3000 employees.
- Attempted suicide on May 18, 2008 at the age Of 25
3. George Hotz
- He is the first one to unlock an iPhone(jun-2007)
- Developed many software to jailbreak iphones
- World’s first hacker ever to hack Sony PlayStation 3.(April 2011)
- Facebook employed him on jun-2011
- Left the facebook on jan-2012
4. Adrian Lamo
- He is a good samaritan and famously called as The Homeless Hacker as he lives in an abandoned home and do the hacking stuff
- He hacked to several major companies like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft etc, but he contacted them and provided bugs (Loopholes in their network)
- He also helped in rectifying the security holes and got some compensation for that bugs
- His work on hacking “The New York times” and tried to steal information regarding personal information of several celebrities, politicians etc
- He is also diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome like George Mckinnon
5. Albert Gonzales
- He is proved guilty to hack into many computers that are all connected to TJX stores
- He stole 36 million credit card numbers from the largest TJX and TJ Maxx stores
- Although 70% of the credit card numbers are expired but it still have 170 million dollars worth money in them
- He worked as secret informant for some secret services and helped to find the credit card thieves
- He was sentenced to 20 years of imprisonment as he didn’t change his behaviour of hacking credit card numbers
- 20 years of imprisonment is the longest one ever done to a hacker in the US