People who use Jio Network, they might know about the JioFi 4g Hotspot. JioFi comes with a Jio SIM and lets you access 4G Internet speeds on any device practically such as a Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop or a Smart TV. People who already are using the JioFi, here are a few important settings you should do to secure it.
In order to connect to JioFi’s network, users must search for the SSID or the network ID using Wi-Fi on a Smartphone or a PC. Then, enter the password, which is a small task to connect new devices all the time. The username and the password for every JioFi hotspot device are unique and printed underneath the battery.
If you’re sharing your connection with others, you might want to change the password every now and then. Since it is better to have a personal SSID and a password, check out the process or steps to change your SSID and the password. These steps are specific to the JioFi 3 and may vary slightly depending on the device you’re using.
Steps To Change JioFi SSID And Password:
1. First, note down the name of the JioFi’s WiFi network and its password, you can find it on the back of the packaged box, or under the battery at the back of the device.
2. Connect your devices to JioFi network. Go to Wireless Settings on your device and find the JioFi WiFi Network. Enter the existing username and password and connect it.
3. Access the URL http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.1.1 using a web browser. This will take you the page where you can manage the JioFi’s settings.
4. Now login with the credentials, username as administrator and password as administrator and tap on the login button. You might be prompted to change the default administrator password. You can do this by clicking on OK.
5. To change the WiFi password, click on Network > Wi-Fi Configuration. (In JioFi 3)
To change the WiFi password, click on WiFi and you will get few options regarding WiFi security. Click on Security Key and change it with your new password. (JioFi 2)
6. Here you can change both SSID and Password by deleting the previous credentials.
7. Then, click on Apply and tap on OK to confirm.
This process will restart the JioFi device and you will be disconnected from the Internet on your devices. After restarting, connect the JioFi in your device by entering the new credentials (Username and Password).
Changing The JioFi Login ID And Password:
To further secure the device, and if you weren’t prompted to change the password earlier, you can do this by clicking on User Management > Account Management. Enter a new username and password, then confirm it. Click on the Save button when you’re done.
This is all about the solution to change the JioFi WiFi Password And SSID In JioFi Hotspot Device. If you face any issues while you are doing the above process, let us know in the below comments.
If you have any other methods share them with our reader in the comment section.
Which Wi-Fi device do you use for the Internet Connection?
Which Wi-Fi router do you use?
WARNING TECH GEEKS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Princeton, NJ
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.