We all use our phones for different purposes every single day.
During the time we use our phone, of course, our phone battery drains. To remedy that, we simply go and connect the charger and charge the phone battery. But how many of you know about battery life?
None of the tools actually tell you anything about your battery’s long-term health. Make a note, battery health is different from battery life and it’s important to check on it now and then, so, we are going to tell you how to see your iPhone’s battery health, and the battery cycle count. Scroll down to learn more!
Overview of Battery Life:
Battery life determines how long your battery lasts on a single charge, but your battery health determines how quickly your battery life diminishes over time. A healthy battery will have only a few percentage points shaved off its original capacity. Here are two ways that you can get to know a better picture of your battery’s health.
- The remaining maximum battery capacity, you can check this from your iPhone with the app.
- Total number of charge cycles the battery has gone through.
It’s not just iPhone batteries, because every battery ever in existence goes through charge cycles. But, it’s hard to track this regularly. A charge cycle happens when you use all of the battery’s power, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a single charge.
For example, you could use half your iPhone’s charge in one day and then recharge it fully. If you did the same thing the next day, it would count as one charge cycle, not two. This way, it can take several days to complete a cycle depending on how much you use your phone.
Every battery has a limited amount of charge cycles before it is considered consumed. If it is consumed, a battery replacement is highly recommended. Once the battery reaches its maximum cycle count, you will notice a reduction in the overall battery life. The only way to circumvent this is to check how many charge cycles your battery has and how many are left. This can help you determine when a battery replacement is required before it starts to fail you.
There are few different ways to check the battery cycles of iPhone. Let us discuss them one-by-one.
- Download and install iBackupbot from the official App Store.
- Now, connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC.
- Open iBackupbot and click the name of your device on the left sidebar. There, you will find information about your device.
- Next, choose “More Information”, where a new window will display your battery cycle count.
This is one of the best ways to check the battery cycles because it will display accurate information about your device’s battery health.
2. Battery Life App:
With the Battery Life app and its unique technique to identify defective batteries, you will always know what’s wrong with your battery. It gives you a straightforward, no-nonsense display of how much battery capacity you have remaining on your iPhone.
- To get more information, tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the app and tap “Raw Data” for more in-depth battery details.
- The raw data is useful for a number of reasons. Primarily, it displays the battery’s current capacity.
- More interestingly, it shows a much more accurate reading of your battery’s current charge than what is displayed in the status bar.
- There’s also an option to see how long your battery would last in various potential activities of your phone.
For best results, replace your battery when you reach its maximum cycle count. So, using these methods, you can check your iPhone battery cycle count. For people who are about to buy a second-hand iPhone, don’t forget to check the battery health!
If you have any questions, let us know in the below comments.