Do you have an old iPhone with you at your home? Did you changed the battery and did all the necessary changes to your old iPhone? Although you did all those changes, its performance is dropping considerably in the recent months right. Well, why don’t you give a second chance to your iPhone by installing iOS from scratch and use it again? If you are on it, the next question from you is how to do the installation of iOS on this iPhone now? Well, today we will guide you to do a clean installation of iOS from the very beginning. This process it a little tedious for which I recommend you to have a little more patience, a good internet connection and a certain amount of time to spent for it.
How to Do a Clean Installation of iOS and When You Should Do It
Well, before you install the iOS from scratch there are few things you should know before starting anything. Let us see them as follows.
When and why to install iOS from scratch
Years in the Windows territory have accustomed me to format my laptops every few minutes. It was a tidbit that I enjoyed but of which I ended up getting tired. Fortunately, iOS devices do not need to perform this ceremony on a regular basis because, in general, the operating system defends itself quite well with the passage of time and updates.
Making a clean installation of iOS is the last resort to possible software problems
However, like any piece of software errors can accumulate that creep over time. Slow running, phantom photos that still occupy space, WiFi connection failures, sighing battery, apps that close unexpectedly and other crashes. Some are due to issues that Apple fixes with an update; others persist and must be fixed with an installation from scratch.
If you have tried everything and your device still does not work as you expected, clean installation of iOS may be the solution. Keep in mind that it is not a wildcard that will solve all the problems, but it will fix some of the most annoying.
WARNING TECH GEEKS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Princeton, NJ
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Get ready for a clean install of iOS
Following with my experience installing iOS 10 cleanly on the iPhone 5, these are the steps I carried out.
- First things first: Back up your Mac or PC from iTunes. If something goes wrong, it is the fastest way to recover your data.
- Then back up to iCloud. You will need it to retrieve WhatsApp conversations and Health data from your Apple Watch.
- On this, you will lose any iMessage conversations you have, since the iCloud backup has not yet been activated. If your device is not compatible with iOS 11, you will lose Health data.
An installation from scratch will leave your device as fresh out of the box.
- It is often a good idea to make screenshots of your Home, to know where and what apps you had installed.
- If you have an app that is critical to you, make sure it is still available. If you do a clean installation and it has disappeared from the App Store, you will not be able to recover it from the “Bought” menu.
- Export and save all your photos to your Mac or PC and delete them, also from the Streaming folder.
- Clear the bandwidth of your WiFi connection, you will need it.
How to do a clean install of iOS?
The easiest way to do a clean installation of iOS is through iTunes on your Mac or PC. It is also the fastest. To do this you have to follow these steps:
- Disable Find my iPhone under Settings> Apple ID> iCloud> Find my iPhone. You will be prompted for your Apple ID password.
- Connect your device with a Lightning cable and open iTunes.
- In the summary of your device, click Restore iPhone or iPad.
- iTunes will start the download if you do not have it on your computer with the latest version of the compatible operating system, this may take a while depending on your WiFi connection.
- Once the download is complete, follow the steps and accept the iOS license terms and conditions.
- The device will start with the restore, deleting ALL the contents of the computer.
- When you finish the process, you will be asked for different configurations: enter a security code, configure Touch ID, connect to a WiFi network, etc.
- IMPORTANT: When asked if you want to use a backup, choose “Set as new iPhone or iPad”.
When we choose that option, we will have our device as fresh out of the box. No apps installed or possible errors that have been dragged into backups. By entering our Apple ID and iCloud credentials, we will retrieve all contacts, notes, movie tickets, airline tickets, and Health data. Safari tabs should also be on iCloud with the name of your iPhone or iPad before the restore.
But we will have to set up tones, wallpaper, install third-party apps as well as their credentials. Without forgetting the photos and music that we want to have on the device. With these steps, you should have a device with less or none of those annoying errors. One of my friends did this for iPhone 5 and after the clean installation of iOS on his iPhone, it is working faster and has recovered some storage space.
This is the method of doing a clean installation of iOS on your iOS devices. Simple isn’t it? All you need is little time and patience to get 100% output.
I hope this article helps your old iPhone or an iOS device to work faster without any errors. If you have any queries regarding the above method, let us know in the below comment section. We will get back to you as soon as possible to solve all your questions.
Would you like to add any other important points to this article? Then why late, write them to us in the comment box and we will include them in the article once the review is done.
Trending iPhone Videos
Which iOS devices do you have now?