And, as I will show you in this guide, this should be an important tool to synchronize all your efforts on Facebook and thus be able to grow with your business.
This platform, which by the way is relatively new, is very useful for agencies and Online Businesses that manage more than one Facebook page for companies, several advertising accounts and/or share jobs with other people.
That said, if you keep reading this mega tutorial carefully, you will discover what exactly the Facebook Business Manager is, what it is for and what benefits it can bring to use it.
In addition, we will see together everything you need to start using the Facebook Business Manager in your business.
In short, you will learn from creating an account and adding assets (or products), to assign the appropriate administrator permissions for each person on your team. Let us see each and every term one by one.
What is Facebook Business Manager and what is it for?
The Facebook Business Manager is a free platform of this social network, which helps you channel your Marketing efforts together with your team or other people. Thanks to it, you can synchronise advertising accounts, company pages, pixels, catalogues and Instagram accounts, among other assets in the network.
With the Business Manager you have the convenience of being able to work with all Facebook products from one place, so you can create content, program advertising campaigns on this network and on Instagram, analyse audiences and see all your metrics.
The Facebook Business manager is ideal for:
- Freelancers who work with more than one client.
- Companies that have a Marketing team with different tasks and permits.
- Marketing Agencies.
- Anyone who wants to use this network professionally to grow their business.
It is not ideal for who:
- Do not have Marketing objectives established with your business.
- You will not advertise on Facebook or Instagram periodically.
- You are not interested in growing in these digital platforms.
- Do not want to know your audience thoroughly.
Why should I use this tool?
These are some of the reasons why, if you have your own business on the Internet or are part of one, it would be quite convenient for you to use it:
- Because it will allow you to be the owner of your business and all the assets that surround it.
- You will encourage teamwork and the environment will become more professional.
- Because you can link different platforms (Fan Pages, advertising accounts, etc.) and manage them from the same place.
- Labour confidentiality will be maintained and personal profiles will not be linked.
- You can assign the determined role to each person in your organisation.
What levels of Administrator Roles are there in “Facebook Business Manager”?
Roles are the functionality that will allow delimiting the tasks that people can perform.
Level 1: Specific roles of the Commercial Administrator
This ladder has the following options, which you can manage with complete freedom:
- Administrators of the Business Administrator: this one has the control over all the assets and people within the Business Manager. It is the only one that can add and remove employees, as well as modify the business configuration (or delete it).
- An employee of the Commercial Administrator: the scope of the employee will be delimited with respect to the type of Role placed by an administrator.
In addition, there are other roles “attached” to Level 1 above:
- Financial analyst: query financial data of the business, such as transactions, invoices, account expenses and payment methods.
- Financial Editor: edit credit card information and business financial data, such as transactions, invoices, account expenses and payment methods.
Level 2: Roles of Pages and other assets
Depending on the asset, the role will determine the functions that the person in question can perform and not in Facebook Business Manager.
Next, I will name the most important assets (or products) you should know and their respective permits.
- Analyst: see statistics.
- Advertiser: create ads and view statistics.
- Moderator: Same as more advertiser, send messages on behalf of the page, respond to comments and delete them, delete people and prohibit their access to the page.
- Editor: Just like a moderator, you can edit the page and add applications, hide and delete publications.
- Administrator: all the above plus, manage the roles of administrators and the configuration of the business.
- Analyst: See announcements and access reports.
- Advertiser: the same as the analyst, and also create and edit ads.
- Administrator: all the above, plus manage the settings of the advertising account, edit the payment method, add people and assign roles in the advertising accounts.
Well, now that we have already entered the subject and we know the function of each of the platform’s roles, I will show you step by step how to create and configure an account in Business Manager.
How to create and configure a Facebook Business Manager account step by step?
Next, let’s get down to work and start to learn more about the Facebook Business Manager.
Step 1: Create an account
To create a new account in Business Manager you must enter “https://business.facebook.com”.
You must bear in mind that you will have to log in with your personal profile and follow some simple steps that I will show you below.
Once you are on the main screen, click on the “create account” button.
Step 2: Complete your business data
In the pop-up window, you must implement all the data of your company or Brand.
Step 3: Set up your first major assets
Now you have your account almost ready to start working, now we will see how to configure your first main assets to shape the “Business Manager” on the platform.
You will be welcomed and you will have the option to take a guided tour. If you are a newbie and you are starting from scratch, I recommend seeing the quick guide.
Step 4: Add a Fan Page
In this next step, we must click on “Add Page”, and we will have three options, in which we can add a page to our Business Manager.
- Add an own page:
You can add business pages that you manage to your business administrator account.
You only need to enter the name or URL of the page. In this case, being your own, if you are already an administrator, the account will automatically become part of the platform.
- Add someone else’s page:
Request permission to add a page to your business administrator account. Again you must enter the name or URL of the page.
Here you must wait for approval from the person who manages the page, such as a client of the Fan Page that we administer.
- Create a Page:
If your business does not have Fan Page, you must create one. If you have started your project from scratch and are going to use Facebook Business Manager, you can create your page from here.
Here it is important to emphasize that each person is the owner of their Fan Page since they request administration and not the property of third party accounts.
This will make it easier to unlink your Business Administrator account.
Step 5: Add an Advertising Account
If you have a Fan Page and you are using the Commercial Manager, it is very likely that this step is not overlooked and that you work with Advertising in this network.
To do this, you must add an advertising account.
Click on ” Add advertising account ” and follow the steps as the previous point.
- Add an own advertising account.
- It also includes the advertising account of another person.
- Create an advertising account
The advertising account will be added with the account ID.
Here you have to pay special attention with permissions and requests since in the advertising account you will have to configure the payment method, of which this social network will charge you for the announcements you make.
An error could seize your client’s advertising account or give a permission to the wrong person. A mistake here can generate money poorly spent on the account.
Step 6: Add People
If you are an agency or more than one person is involved in your project, this section is very important.
You must click on “Add People” and you will have the option to add an administrator to your Business Manager or an employee, something that we previously saw their differences.
Simply adding your email, the person will receive an email, which must be confirmed, to be part of your Business Administrator.
Once you choose the role, you can assign assets such as company pages, Advertising Accounts and Catalogs.
Now, your Facebook Business Manager is already configured, with its corresponding assets and you are ready to start working.
Do you want to know more about “Facebook Business Manager”? Let’s take a tour of it
In this last section, I will show the “magic” bar of Business Manager at a glance, in which you can access all the tools it offers, create ads or create a pixel, to place on your business website.
By clicking on the upper left button that will mark you in red in the following image, a horizontal bar will be displayed, in which you will find all the tools that this social network offers, in order to work.
Its different options are ordered by:
- To plan.
- Create and manage.
- Measure and Inform.
Below I will show you the most important ones:
Column 1: Frequently used
Here you will find shortcuts to the tools that you use most frequently. It will facilitate the location and dynamism of work.
Column 2: Planning
This section consists of 2 subsections:
- Public Statistics: with this tool, you can learn more about the audience, be it a database, the public of your fan page or people in the social network in general.
Get general information about demographics, find out what people like, get information about lifestyles, among other functions.
- Creative Hub: a creative tool for advertisers, Creative Hub is an application with which you can explore all formats, create an ad model and share it with customers or colleagues.
Creative Hub makes more predictable and gives more exposure to the work we do daily for our customers in this social network.
Column 3: Create and manage
In this case, you can enjoy these features:
- Commercial manager: return to the main tool, which we developed throughout the post.
- Ad Manager: just one click to enter the tool to create your Facebook Ads.
- Publications of the Page: tool dedicated exclusively to the publications on your page. Here you can see existing, scheduled and advertised publications as well as create new ones.
- The panel of applications: exclusive for Developers, if you want to create your application for the social network this is where you have to register.
- Wizards for ads on applications: Ads on applications of this social network are the best way to get more people to install your application, use it and carry out certain actions in it.
- Automatic Rules: With automated rules, you can create rules in the ad manager that automatically notify you of changes made to your campaigns, and sets or ads.
Automated rules give you more control.
Instead of having to check daily the performance of campaigns, ad sets or ads, automatic rules can execute these checks for you and perform the actions.
Otherwise, you would have to do it manually. Example: If the cost per conversion of an ad exceeds a certain amount, that set of ads will be paused.
Column 4: Measure and Inform
Within this fourth section, you will see these possibilities:
- Advertising Reports: if you create ads, the most important thing will be the results, and with the advertising reports, you can get the most out of the numbers.
- Tests and results: the tool helps you determine which campaign strategy is most effective in meeting your advertising goals.
Discover what works, Act according to the results, Try the following strategy.
- Facebook Analytics: it is the tool that allows us to measure our advertising efforts and show the results of them.
- Pixels: here you can create, manage and view pixel statistics that you have on your website.
- Events outside the Internet: so that the platform can connect your events outside the Internet, interactions and transactions with your advertising campaigns on the platform, you must upload data about your clients and events outside the network to this platform.
- Custom conversions: apart from the standard events that the social network gives us, such as AddToCart (Add to cart) or ViewContent (Violated content), which we find inside the Pixels tool.
The platform allows you to create personalised events, that is, to measure exact things, such as differentiating content or specific URLs.
- Integrations with partners: associates the Platform with external tools to work in a professional manner. Connect the accounts of the partners you use for purchases, interactions and customer management.
Column 5: Assets
Obviously, here you will see all the assets, which I was naming throughout this guide. They are separated into:
- Business locations.
- Block lists.
Here you can view each asset, modify it, delete it, duplicate it and create new ones.
Column 6: Last (and not least) about Configuration
From here you can make the settings in Pages, Advertising Accounts and Business Manager.
- Add and/or delete payment methods.
- Add or subtract permissions to people on their assets.
These are some of the main features that you can access from here.
Many tools to get you to inspect and get more out of this network for your companies.
I recommend you to try one by one and see which are the most advantages that generate your business and which you feel most comfortable with.
I advise you to create a Business Administrator if:
- You work with a Marketing team: more than one person works on the same project.
- If you have more than one asset: Fan Page, Instagram accounts or advertising accounts.
- You use a provider: for example, someone who manages your advertising campaigns.
- You need control over access and permissions: if you want to have control over your accounts and assets, and give the necessary access to each person on your team or external agency.
This tool, which sometimes scares many, is highly recommended for people who work with more than one advertising account or company pages in this social network.
Security and Confidentiality characterize “Facebook Business Manager”.
I strongly recommend its use, although before it is normal that you should familiarize yourself with the platform, that with the advice that you take in this guide, you will not be late in adding it to your main marketing and organization tools.
Do you already have your “Facebook Business Manager” account for your digital business? How does it work for you? Share your experiences in the comment box below.