iPhone, the best device to save all our memories in the form of photos and videos. Additionally, we have an iCloud service where we can upload our photos and videos and store them safely. Do you know where exactly the photos and videos of you are stored in iCloud? Do you know how to delete them forever? In this article, we will show you the exact place where the backup is stored in our iCloud account and how to get rid of those unwanted photos and videos permanently.
How to see the Photos stored in iCloud and Delete them Forever
Let us see where exactly the photos uploaded to iCloud are seen and how to delete photos and videos permanently if you want to get rid of them.
Streaming photos: your photos in iCloud
To access your photos uploaded to iCloud, you should check that the option of streaming photos is activated. To do this, do the following:
- On your iPhone go to Settings> Your name. There all the functions associated with your Apple account will be displayed, including iCloud.
- Select iCloud> Photos.
- Make sure that the option “My photos in streaming” is activated.
If you had it activated, perfect. You just have to go to the Photos app and find the Photo album in streaming. If it was not activated, now you will see how this album appears in your photos. All the photos that you take with your iOS devices will be uploaded to iCloud when they are connected to a Wi-Fi network, with the following limitations:
- A maximum of 1,000 photos in total.
- They must have been made in the last 30 days.
With the Photos in streaming enabled, all your Apple devices with your Apple ID account will synchronize these photos as soon as they are connected to a Wi-Fi network. If your computer has Windows as an operating system, download iCloud from this link and configure it with your Apple account (you must make sure that the option of Photos in streaming is activated).
Keeping all this in mind, you can see the photos uploaded to iCloud in the corresponding folder of your photos, which is called Photos in Streaming on the iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC.
Now, if you have the iCloud photo library activated, the situation changes slightly. Check if you have the iCloud photo library activated on the menu that we have seen before: Settings> Your name> iCloud> Photos> iCloud photo library. If you have it activated, you will not have an album in Photos that is called “My photos in streaming” since they will be added to all the photos you have when your device is connected to WiFi.
How to remove or delete iCloud photos completely
Now that we know where the photos are in the Apple cloud, it’s time to see how the iCloud photos are removed. Here we have two options:
- Delete photos from iCloud with photos library off: Access Photos> My photos streaming. Go to the photo you want to delete and click on the trash can icon. If you want to delete several photos, you can select them and click on the trash icon. Deleting photos in this album will not erase them from all the devices that already have them, since Photos in streaming only acts as a connection between them. You have to search it manually and delete it again.
- Delete iCloud photos with the photo library activated: Access the Photos section or the All photos album. Go to the photo you want to delete and click on the trash can icon. If you want to delete several photos, you can select them and click on the trash can icon. By doing so, you will delete the selected photos from all your devices.
In previous versions of iOS, it was not possible to delete individual photos or groups of photos. Now you can delete the photos you want to delete. After following the above steps there is one more thing you have to do to erase the iCloud photos permanently. Follow the steps below.
- On your device, go to the album Deleted.
- There all the photos that you have decided to delete are stored, where they will remain a maximum of 30 days until they disappear automatically.
- If you want to get rid of them completely, select them and click on the Remove button so that they disappear immediately.
- You can also choose to recover a photo that you did not want to erase and return to your photos.
That is all. Following the steps of this tutorial, you should be able to see the photos that are stored in iCloud as well as delete those that you no longer need. I hope this article will help you to do it correctly. If you have any queries regarding the above method, let us know them in the below comment section and we will get back to you as soon as possible to solve all your queries.
Would you like to add any other important points to this article? Then write them to us through the contact us page.
Are you looking for any others answers regarding iCloud service? Then mention them in the comment section and we will find a solution for it to you.