With iOS betas, we have the advantage of trying the latest innovations of the Apple operating system before anyone else. However, despite having this advantage, it also comes with certain disadvantages, such as poor performance of the device we are using for it. Like Apple offers an option to test the beta to the whole public, it also offers an option to go back from iOS 11 to iOS 10.3 or the current version of the operating system.
How to downgrade from iOS 11 public beta to iOS 10 on your iPhone or iPad
The process of going back to the latest available iOS version other than a beta is quite simple. The only requirement is that the backup you have taken before installing the beta version. If you did not take your previous version that is iOS 10 backup, you will lose all your data and you must configure your iPhone or iPad as a new device.
- How to Install Public Beta of iOS 11, macOS High Sierra and tvOS 11 on iOS devices
- This is how Apple Fixes the Broken Screens of iPhone
Steps to Remove iOS 11 beta and Return to the iOS 10 version on your iPhone/iPad
Here are the steps to follow to restore your iPhone or iPad to iOS 10.3:
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad via USB cable.
- Put the device in recovery mode by pressing the start and wake/restart buttons at the same time. Be sure to click on them when the Apple logo appears. Keep pressing until the Recovery Mode screen appears.
- In iTunes, tap Restore iPhone or Restore iPad.
- If you have activated Search my iPhone, enter your Apple ID and the corresponding password after you restore it to activate the device.
- At the end of the process, you can choose to restore the backup that you already had or configure the device as new.
Keep in mind that Apple is currently signing the iOS 10.3 versions, which means that at the moment it can be a downgrade from iOS 11, although there will be a point of the year where it is no longer possible, probably after the launch of iOS 11. If you have an older device or a device that is giving you problems, until the end of summer you’re in time to go back to iOS 10.3
- These are the 20 Most Interesting new Features of iOS 11 beta 2
This is how you can downgrade from iOS 11 public beta version to the iOS 10.3, the current version of iOS on your iPhone and iPad. If you have any queries regarding the above method of downgrading, let us know in the below comment section. We will get back to you to solve all your queries as soon as possible.
If you know any other method to downgrade from iOS 11 beta to iOS 10 version, you can mail us through our contact page or you can write them in your comments below. We will update this article with your method after verifying it.
These are the 100 Incredible New iOS 11 Features – ApplePay, Siri & More
Which version are you using on your iPhone and iPad?