I’ve been looking for ways to download YouTube videos to my iPhone without jailbreak and I’ve finally found it. This method also works on the iPad and is completely free. But, as we shall see, it is not a very fast method. It has a few steps to download the videos, but it works. If you have ever wanted to download a YouTube video to watch it when you do not have a WiFi connection, data coverage on a trip or simply because you do not want to spend it, you can now save it to your device.
How to download YouTube videos on an iPhone and iPad with iOS 10 without Jailbreak
In order to download YouTube videos to your iPhone or iPad, the first thing you need to do is to get the Readdle Documents 6 app (a company that is doing very interesting things ). It is a file management app for iOS that lets you navigate a folder system to the MacOS Finder. Best of all is this and it is completely free for what we need.
A method to download YouTube videos on iPhone and iPad free and without jailbreak
The app weighs more than 100MB, so if you have data shortages it would be best to download it from a WiFi network. Maybe it’s time to consider one of those unlimited data rates for your iPhone, but that’s best left for another day. It is an app that has lots of uses and that today we will use to download videos from YouTube.
- To do this, open the app and pass the tutorial. You will see an image as the upper left, where in the lower right corner you will see a Safari symbol.
- Go ahead and access the browser built into the app.
- In the address bar, type the URL “keepvid.com” without the quotes and press the Go button.
- The page that appears in the below image will be loaded.
- It is possible that other websites similar to keepvid.com also work, but we have not tried them. In this, it works for 100% sure.
- Now, close Documents 6 and go to Safari, where we’ll need to go to YouTube.
- Find the video you want to download to your iOS device and copy the URL. You can do this by holding your finger on the address bar until the Copy option appears.
- Once you have it copied, go back to Documents 6, paste it into the “box” and hit the Download button.
- Wait for the browser to show you the download options and choose the one you like the most. Small reminder: The higher the resolution of the video, the more space it will take on the iPhone or iPad.
- When choosing the quality, you will be presented with a menu from which you can rename the video and choose its location within Documents 6.
- Click on the Save button and wait for the video to be downloaded to your iPhone or iPad. Still, you have only one final step to do.
How to move the Documents 6 video to the iOS 10 Photo Reel
Now that you have downloaded your video to your iPhone or iPad, it’s time to make it available throughout the device. Because at the moment, the file is confined to the options offered by Documents 6. Maybe it’s all you need because from this app you can view the videos you get from YouTube.
- If you just want to edit it, send it by email or message or just save it to your Photo Reel, here’s what you have to do.
- In Documents 6, go to the Downloads folder. There should be the video you just downloaded.
The video is saved in Documents 6, but you can move it to the Reel or send it by message or email afterwards
- Give the three ellipses (…) next to the file and select the Move option.
- You’ll then see different options for moving the video site. Select Documents> All Photos and give the blue button at the bottom.
From now on, the file will no longer be in the Documents 6 Downloads folder to appear on your Photo Reel on your iOS device. And that’s it! Finally, you will have the YouTube video downloaded on your iPhone and iPad to do with it whatever you want. All this is possible without Jailbreak your iPhone or iPad.
WARNING TECH GEEKS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Princeton, NJ
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
If you have any queries regarding the above method, let us know in the comments below. We will get back to you to solve all your queries as soon as possible.
If you know any other best tool to download Youtube videos to our iOS devices, write them to our email id through contact us page or you can write them in the comment section. We will implement it at our end and if it is the best one, we will include in this article in the next update.
Which method do you use to download YouTube videos to your iPhone or iPad without Jailbreak?