There are many types of intelligence: some argue that it is more important to have high emotional intelligence than highly developed cognitive abilities, while others consider it important to have a balanced mix of both.
However, the psychologist Shane Frederick says that three questions are enough to know if someone is a genius or not. Frederick is the creator of the shortest IQ test in the world, the CRT. The test is designed to test your capacity for analysis and reasoning, so you will have to ignore your most impulsive side.
The questions seem simple and obvious … but beware, they are cheating! 50% of Harvard students were unable to answer one of the three questions correctly, and the same percentage of mistakes was found in other prestigious universities such as Princeton or MIT, where the brightest minds in the US are supposed to study. In other American universities, only 20% of the participants were able to find the correct answer.
Shortest IQ Questions Test in the World
As the author Daniel Kahneman explains in his book ‘Thinking, Fast and Slow’, the key is to ignore your intuition and to stop for a moment to reason your answer. However, the faster you respond the more genius you will be. You dare?
- A ball and a bat cost 1.10 dollars in total. The bat costs 1 dollar more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
- If 5 machines take 5 minutes to make 5 gadgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 gadgets?
- In a lake, there is a plot of water lilies. Each day the size of the plot is doubled. If it takes 48 days to cover the entire lake, how long would it take to cover half the lake?
WARNING TECH GEEKS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is:
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
Answers to the above shortest IQ test in the world
Are you ready to find out if you are a genius with an excellent capacity for analysis and reasoning? Take a look at the correct answers to the shortest IQ test in the world:
- The correct answer is 0.05 dollar. Maybe, like many, you said 0.10 dollar; however, this is incorrect because if the ball cost 0.10 dollar the bat would cost 1.10 dollar (one dollar more) and together they would cost 1.20 dollars. On the other hand, if the ball costs 0.05 cents and the bat 1.05 dollar together they will cost 1.10 dollars.
- The correct answer is 5 minutes. Maybe your instinct told you it’s 100 minutes, but this is incorrect. The question reveals that each machine takes 5 minutes to make a contraption (5 machines make 5 gadgets in 5 minutes, one gadget per machine) then 100 machines would take 5 minutes to make 100 gadgets. The time is the same, if we have 100 machines 1 device per machine equals 100 devices in 5 minutes.
- The correct answer is 47 days. You might think it was 24 days, but if the plot is doubled every day a plot that covers half the lake would only take a day to fold and cover it completely.
Do you want to continue testing your intelligence? We’ll give you more tests like this in the upcoming articles. Stay tuned to Alltop9.com for more knowledge like this.