In earlier days capturing the screen or taking a Screenshot of our Android, Windows, Mac, and iPhone is like pain. But, nowadays as technology has increased to peaks, we have different methods to capture the screen of all the devices like desktops, laptops, tabs, and mobile phones. Today we show you how to take screenshots on Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac.
Whether it’s to store a product you’ve seen on Instagram, send a WhatsApp conversation to one of your friends, report a bug that causes you a problem, or writes an article, it’s very likely that you will often resort to the famous one’s Screenshots. Making them is instant and simple, as they do not require the download or installation of any external application.
Whether it’s a mobile device or a tablet, or from your PC desktop, knowing how to do this is very useful. In this article, we will provide you with all the keys, steps, and commands you need to know to take screenshots on Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac.
Take Screenshots on Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac
Here, I am going to explain to take screenshots on Windows, Android, iPhone, and Mac. Let us get into the steps now.
How to Take a Screenshot in Windows
The Microsoft operating system from its version Windows 7 puts at your disposal a utility focused on making screenshots with this tool called Snipping Tool. Thanks to it you can save and share new stories, movie reviews, or recipes. You can capture the whole screen of the computer, or part of it, add notes, save the screenshot or send it via email from the Snipping tool window. The following types of clippings can be captured:
- Freeform cutout: Draw a free-form shape around an object.
- Rectangular Cut: Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
- Window Trim: Select a window, such as a browser window or dialog, that you want to capture.
- Full-Screen Trim: Captures the entire screen.
To use this tool, you must open the tool Scraps. Depending on your version of Windows, you should do the following:
- For Windows 10, select the Start button, and then in the search box on the taskbar, type Snipping tool and select Snipping Tool in the results list.
- And for Windows 8.1 / Windows RT 8.1 slide your finger from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you use a mouse, point to the lower right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search ), Type snippets in the search box, and select Snippets from the list of results.
- Lastly, for Windows 7, select the Start button, and then in the search box, type Snipping Tool, and select Snipping Tool in the results list.
It is very easy to use the snipping tool, the application for making screenshots in Windows in all the selected modes.
Capture a cut from a menu
- After opening the Snipping tool, open the menu whose image you want to capture. (For Windows 7, press the Esc key before opening the menu).
- Press Ctrl + Print Screen. It captures the entire screen, including the open menu.
- Select Mode (in previous versions, select the arrow next to the New button), choose the type of clipping, and the screen capture you want.
Write down a clipping
After capturing a screenshot, you can write or draw in or around the cutout by selecting the Pencil or Highlight Marker buttons. Select Drafts to remove the lines you have drawn.
Save a clipping
After capturing a screen, select the Save crop button. In the Save As dialog box, type a file name, a location, and a file type, and then select Save.
When you capture a clipping from a browser window and save it as an HTML file, the URL appears below the clipping. To prevent it from appearing, select the Clipping Options button and uncheck the Include URL box below the clipping (HTML only) box, and select OK. If you want to send it, you can select the arrow next to the Send clipping button
Press these keys to get the following results:
- Alt + M: Choose a trimming mode
- Alt + N: Create a news clipping in the same way as the last one
- Shift + Arrow Keys: Move the cursor to select a rectangular cutout area
- Alt + D: Delay capture for 1 to 5 seconds
- Ctrl + C: Copy the clipping to the Clipboard
- Ctrl +S: Save clipping
How to Take a Screenshot on Mac
Making a screenshot on Mac is very simple, as explained by Apple’s technical service. This function integrated into the operating system is a combination of keys.
- To capture a specific area of the screen, press the SHIFT + CMD + 4 keys. Holding down the left mouse button, select the area you want to capture. If you want to change the selection to another area of the screen, keep the space bar pressed and move the cursor. When you release the mouse button, the capture will be done.
- If you want to capture a specific window, press the same key combination (SHIFT + CMD + 4), and then, before touching the mouse, press the space bar. An icon in the form of a camera will appear, and you only have to put it on the window that you want to capture.
- To make a full-screen capture, press the SHIFT + CMD + 3 combination.
- If you have a Mac with Touch Bar and MacOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later: Press Shift + CMD + 6, locate the .png file of the screenshot on the desktop, and press the Screenshot button to see options for the type And where to store it. You can also customize the Touch Strip region of the Touch Bar with a screen capture button.
How to Take a Screenshot on Android
The realization of screenshots in Android does not involve any difficulty either and depends on a combination of buttons. Natively these are carried out by simultaneously pressing the power button and the volume down button. You can see an effect on the screen and a sound, which indicates that the capture has taken place, along with a notification of the system.
However, depending on the manufacturer the method to take screenshots with the mobile varies: For example, in the Samsung, you have to press the buttons off and Home at the same time, or in some Sony you have the option to make a capture Screen from the menu that appears when you press the Home button.
Here are a few methods to capture any Android smartphone. Check out these methods to take a screenshot for any Android mobile.
How to Capture a Screenshot on iPhone or iPad
Finally, to take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad, or iPad Touch, the process is again, extremely easy. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the on/off button on the top or side of the device.
- Immediately afterward, press and release the start button.
- To find the screenshot, go to the Photos.
This is how we take screenshots for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. If you know of any other methods to take screenshots on these devices, let us know in the below comments. If you want to know the method to take a screenshot on your mobile or any device, comment on your device name and we will help you solve it as soon as possible.
Which method do you use to take a screenshot on Android, iPhone, Windows, Mac devices?