Anyone who has endured the pain of losing hundreds of hours of gameplay on a mobile phone shares a terrible experience. Maybe your phone broke or needed an upgrade and the game data wouldn’t transfer immediately. Some people will even keep their older devices to play their favorite old games on them.
Buying a new phone and switching operating systems means learning a new way of using your device. It also entails learning about new apps and finding replacements for ones you could once play. Many of the best apps come in both iOS and Android versions and allow you to transfer data between them!
One of the most popular apps of all time is a game called Clash of Clans. It’s fluctuated in popularity over the years, but regardless it has some of the most dedicated fans. If you play Clash of Clans, you might find yourself needing to transfer your Clash of Clans village account!
Transferring data can be a pain. But especially for those who love playing Clash of Clans, you needn’t worry. Here is a simple tutorial to transfer your Clash of Clans village account from iOS to Android, or from Android to iOS devices. In this article, we’ll give you the concrete steps you need to ensure that all your data follows you between devices.
Transfer Clash of Clans Village Account From iOS to Android and Vice Versa
What is Clash of Clans, and what is a village?
Clash of Clans is an online multiplayer game in which players build a community (in the form of a clan). Clash of Clans tasks players to build their own town using the resources gained from attacking other players through the game’s fighting features. Let us see how to transfer data of Clash of Clans account from iOS to Android.
A village is a domicile that every Clash of Clans user spends their time building up and fortifying throughout the course of their gameplay. This is the single most important thing that Clash of Clans users need to take with them if they are upgrading to a new device. After all, villages are their (in-game) life’s work!
Steps to transfer a CoC village from iOS to Android:
Most professional app developers appreciate that you might have multiple devices or transfer between OS when you upgrade. The team behind Clash of Clans is one of them.
1. Install Clash of Clans on your new device and open it on both devices.
2. Open the Settings menu within the app on both devices.
3. Select Link a device on both devices.
4. Choose ‘This is the old device on your iOS device, which is the New Device’ on your Android.
5. Select ‘I want to link to another device on the iOS device, and you should see a 12 digit code.
6. Select G+ on your Android device where it says ‘Already have a village? In the tutorial.
7. You should now be signed in to Google Play Games, where you can enter that 12 digit code.
8. Your village should now load and be completely up to date.
Steps to transfer a CoC village from Android to iOS:
Just follow a similar process if you decide to migrate from Android to iOS. For your convenience, we’ll reverse the iOS steps here:
1. Install Clash of Clans on your new iOS device. Open the game simultaneously on both devices.
2. In both open games, go to Settings within the app.
3. Choose the “Link a Device” option.
4. Select which one is the old device (Android) and which is the new device (iOS).
5. Choose ‘I want to link to another device on the Android device, and you’ll see a 12 digit code.
6. It will say “Already have a village?” within the game on your new iOS device.
7. You should now have access to Apple’s Game Center, where you should enter the code you received.
8. There you have it, your village and all its data should be transferred!
This was a small tutorial about transferring Clash of Clans account from one device to another from iOS to Android and Android to iOS. If you have any questions about the process, let us know in the comments section below. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible to help you resolve them.
Also, check out the other all-time best and most famous games:
- 25 games like Candy Crush and Play on Android for Free
- Top 12 Best Puzzle Games For iPhone
- 10 Best Xbox 360 Games – Microsoft Store
- Top 10 most popular android games that won’t cost
- The Best Games– Award Winning Games
- Top 10 best puzzle PC games
- 10 best adventure PC games
- Top 10 most and best popular action PC games
- Top 10 most popular games websites
- Best android games for free download
As you can see, there are hundreds of awesome games that you should check out apart from Clash of Clans!
Which method do you use to transfer your Clash of Clans village account from iOS to Android and vice-versa?