Did you know that you can use your Android phone or iPhone as a wireless mouse, keyboard and trackpad for your computer? If you think this method is complicated, then it is a No. It is not very complicated, and best of all, it is free and very useful. Today, we will show you how to do that.
Imagine that you have a key that does not work well, or that typing on your usual mechanical keyboard makes a lot of noise. You want to write some distance from the screen, or you have to control the slide from a distance slides.
There are many situations in which a user may need a mouse, keyboard or trackpad remotely, and today everything is possible thanks to the technology. In fact, to achieve a mouse and keyboard replacement you only need an internet connection and an app on your phone or tablet. Do you want to know how? We show it in a headline.
Turn your Android Phone or iPhone as a PC Mouse or Keyboard
To turn your mobile into a mouse or keyword we will use the application that we liked the most in the test and one of the most useful apps of all. It is Remote Mouse, and it is available for free. It has both Android and iOS version, making it ideal for all types of users.
Steps to use your Mobile as Mouse and Keyboard
- The first thing to do is to make sure that both smartphone/tablet and computer are connected to the same WiFi network.
- If so, the second step will be from the computer: go to the Remote Mouse webpage and download the client (program) on your PC. At the same time, on your mobile or tablet, you can download and install the ‘app’ with the same name.
- Once downloaded, you have to install the program on the PC / Mac. It is very simple, just press Next and in a few seconds, it will be active.
- Now you can move on to the configuration of the connection between mobile and computer. Open the program of the PC that you have installed, and in the Status tab, you will have the information that we need: either the IP address or a QR code.
- Then open the app on your mobile and try to locate the PC. If you do not log in, press the + button and choose or connect via IP or the QR code. Either is valid.
- After the connection, the phone will become a trackpad with the classic mouse buttons. We can use them as such.
In addition, it is also possible to switch to the keyboard mode by pressing on the top of the screen on the mobile. Easy, isn’t it?
Convert your Android or iPhone mobile into Mouse, Trackpad or keyboard with these alternatives
As we have seen, turning our mobile or tablet into a wireless mouse and keyboard is very simple with Remote Mouse. However, it is possible to say that there are other alternatives to this application to achieve the same objective, so it is always good to take them into account in case your device does not work.
The good thing, in addition, is that its configuration is very similar to the one we have explained in the case of Remote Mouse, so you only need to follow the same steps to have this technological replacement in place.
- WIFI MOUSE
Very similar to Remote Mouse, it presents extra options like screen capture remote voice input. WIFI Mouse is available for iOS and Android.
It is compatible with Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS x / Linux, and is free.
- MOUSE KIT
Mouse Kit also works if the user has downloaded a special program on their computer. Its functions are broad, like PowerPoint support for presentations.
Available for iOS and Android, and for PC and Mac, it is also free.
- REMOTE LINK
This application of Asus also turns your phone into a mouse or keyboard. To use it you have to install a program on the PC.
In this case, it only works on Windows PCs and Android phones, and it is also free.
Now you can see that it is very simple to control your PC with your Smartphone remotely by turning it into Trackpad, Mouse and keyboard with the above apps. Now, it is your turn to test it and experience its working.
I hope this article will help you to work easily with your PC with your remote mouse or keyboard or trackpad. If you are facing any issues while using any of the application, let us know in the below comment section. We will get back you to solve all your questions as soon as possible.
If you are already using any of the apps, share your experience with our readers for the better understanding.
Would you like to add any other important apps to this article? Then comment below, and we will review it and include them in this article in the next update.
Which app do you like the most to use your mobile as mouse, keyboard and trackpad?
Some other articles you might find of interest:
What Gaming PC should you get for under $1,000?
Have you ever wondered what the internet of the future looks like?
Can you have two phones with the same number?