Turning your phone into a remote control is one of the best ideas to reuse old phones instead of throwing them away. It doesn’t have to be an old phone, though, using your main handset is super convenient. Using your Smartphone to control your computer is a great way to interact with programs. If you own a Smartphone and a PC, you can now control one with the other using apps that makes you operate your PC with your Smartphone.
Your phone can be used as a trackpad or could be used to use a media player using custom controls. If your computer mouse doesn’t work, your Smartphone can be a good backup. In fact, this is a great way to repurpose an old phone into an effective trackpad for your PC! YouTube’s Pairing feature offers a way to use your phone as a remote to control YouTube playback on your computer, and there’s even a way to use your phone as a remote control for playback in VLC.
Steps to use or turn your Smartphone/Tablet Into A Mouse And Keyboard For PC
But these are very limited remote control solutions. The ideal would be a way to use your Smartphone as a wireless mouse and keyboard.
“Remote Mouse” works very well for this. The standard version is free, with a paid version offering additional specialised remote functions. Remote Mouse turns your mobile phone or tablet into a wireless user-friendly remote control for your computer. It’ll surprise you with fully simulated touchpad, keyboard and featured remote panels which make your remote experience simple and efficient.
There is a problem with Remote Mouse. The free version has ads right at the top of the trackpad! So while you’re moving the cursor around, you might just end up tapping an ad accidentally. Annoying!
Remote Mouse Features:
- Keyboard, Mouse, and Touchpad: Control made simple. It’s a perfect combination of 3 most common remote control devices. With smarter multi-touch gestures, all you need is to click and slide.
- Specialty Control Panels: Watching videos in bed? Filling the house with music? Or making a self-running presentation? Remote Mouse allows you to control your computer freely at anywhere and at any time.
- Power Options: Shutdown, restart, log off or put the computer to sleep in one click.
- Application Remote: Quickly launch and switch between applications. A convenient show desktop button is also provided.
- Voice Typing: Integrated with iOS and Android’s speech recognition. Simply type on a computer by clicking the voice button and speaking to your phone.
- Gyroscope Mouse: Move the mouse cursor by waving your phone in the air – a beautiful use of the gyroscope and accelerometer feature on the mobile device.
- Volume Button Remote: Use the physical volume buttons on the mobile device to adjust computer volume or change presentation slides.
Set Remote Mouse In Both Mobile And Desktop:
1. First, download the remote mouse app to your phone or tablet. Next, visit the website of Remote Mouse and install the software on your Windows PC.
2. Next, install the remote mouse server on your PC and Smartphone.
3. Now, you can connect the mobile to your computer through the IP Address or QR Scan, which are shown on the desktop, once you open the Remote Mouse on your computer.
4. Connect both services to the same Wi-Fi. And you’re ready to go.
5. Use multi-touch gestures just like you use your computer’s trackpad.
6. The remote mouse also offers a few speciality panels so you can do certain actions much quicker.
How To use Remote Mouse App:
1. Using Your Mobile As Mouse:
After connecting your mobile with your computer remotely, you can use it as a mouse by just tapping on the screen. There are some gestures to be followed to use left click, right click, scroll, and drag. Here they are,
- Left click – Single tap on the screen.
- Right Click – Tap the screen with both the fingers.
- Scroll – Move two fingers on the screen up and down to perform scroll from top to bottom.
2. Using Your Mobile As Keyboard:
Just tap on the keyboard icon and start typing it. You can see the text on the mobile screen and computer. If you do not want the text to be displayed on the mobile screen, then you can toggle the Show Input Text option in Settings.
3. Open Applications Of Your Desktop Through Mobile:
Remote Mouse also provides you with the feature of accessing applications present on the computer. Just tap on the respective icon and it lists down all the applications available on your computer. You can open Notepad, word document, audio/video player, folders and much more.
WARNING TECH GEEKS
YOUR INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your location is: Princeton, NJ
Your current IP address is: 2001:4455:2f7:b700:f880:7bad:b46b:1768
You can stream and download anonymously through your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone through IP Vanish.
4. Air Mouse Mode:
You can just shake the handheld device to move the mouse cursor on the desktop screen. In order to use this Air Mouse Mode, just press and hold the button on the screen of the app and sway or shake mobile to move the cursor.
5. Set Up A Password For Connection:
You can even set up a password for connecting your mobile and computer remotely. For this, right-click on the Remote Mouse icon (from quick launch) on the desktop and click “Preferences”. Then tap on the “Settings” tab and create a password. Now the next time, when you try to connect to the computer, it asks for the password.
There are many apps to control your computer remotely, but Remote Mouse has some additional features which make it acceptable to everyone.
Hope you like the article, if you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments section below.
Which method do you use to turn your smartphone or tablet into a mouse and keyboard for PC?