Skincare Actives to Add to Your Daily Routine

a lady is looking at the mirror
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on facebook

You may have seen memes about active skincare on social media and even on skincare tutorials too, and we have even heard about the wonders that retinol, vitamin C and AHAs can do at some point for our sin.

The praises out there are good enough for us to believe that these active ingredients do their best for our skin needs- dark spots and pigmentation or even acne especially. However, since these activities are part of skincare- an integral one, did you know if you use them all together and at once, you can do more harm than good?

What Are Active Skincare Ingredients?

In layman’s terms, actives for skin care are those that are used in skincare products to target various issues of the skin, such as aging, acne, and dryness. And there are a varied number of them in the skincare world. But you would hear about AHAs and BHAs, the most, and even benzoyl peroxide, hyaluronic acid, vitamins C, E, and F, and even hydroquinone too.

So the term “active” means it is accepted widely across the world of skincare and the beauty industry. It is the main ingredient that gives you long-term benefits.

“The term “active” is generally accepted across the beauty and skin-care industry as the main ingredient in a product that delivers a long-term benefit beyond the basics, such as cleansing or moisturizing”, explains Lu from

The Best Skincare Actives to Use

Use Sunblock

They have titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in them. They are approved by the FDA as well and protect the skin from the harmful damages caused by the UV rays of the sun.

Vitamin C and E Are Antioxidants and Even the Use of coq10 Too

They do wonders for your skin and help bring down wrinkles, dark spots, and inflammation too.

Salicylic Acid Is Often Considered to Be a Drug and Helps With the Treatment of Acne

The natural version of it which most brands would use is willow bark, in place of this acid.

AHAs or Alpha Hydroxy Acids

They are known to be a good cosmetic ingredient, and they exfoliate the skin gently. Glycolic acid and lactic acid are common examples of AHAs

Benzoyl Peroxide

It is an antibacterial agent, which is FDA regulated and can help treat acne

Azelaic Acid

You get it as a prescription to help treat skin issues such as rosacea- hence it is considered a drug.

Retin A Retinol or Retinoic Acid

Are derivatives from vitamin A and help with cell turnover. Helps with fine lines and acne. And it depends on the classification of the derivative that the strength is used.

Pro and pre and post-biotics- help the skin microbiome. They feed the current bacteria or place strains on it or provide the skin with important byproducts of bacteria.

Ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid

Is also known as a cosmetic ingredient. They are basically hydrators.

Liquid minerals too help with the skin

According to experts from “Active ingredients must be approved by the FDA for both efficacy and safety before being brought to market.”

 Known the Activity Percentage

Get to know the labels carefully when buying or picking up a product from the shelf. Most products would claim that they are “natural”, but there is a certain percentage of “activity” that would be mentioned on the label. 2% activity is what most skincare products on the retail shelves will show, so what is the rest 98% doing? You should ask.

For example, if your favorite moisturizer or even your lotion says 2% actives used, are the 98% rest of the ingredients there to provide a pleasant smell or act as a filler? Think about it. In most cases, it would be just 2% of the activity that has been mixed with 98% synthetics that wouldn’t have any impact on your skin. Not the natural way, no matter what the claim be!

So strive for higher actives in skincare products. This is because it is more effective when the product is pure. They change the skin at a cellular level when fewer synthetic ingredients are used or diluted or manipulated in any way. This would be better for your skin.

According to “The most important step in any skincare regime to prevent premature skin aging is SPF,” says the Lion/ne team. ” They go on to say that to have the best sun barrier protection, and to fight the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays, it is always wise to use higher actives concentration in the skincare product. This will help keep the skin safe from further damages in the future.

So what are your thoughts on activities in skincare? Did this article come about as helpful to you?


Some other articles you might find of interest:

Have you ever wondered what the internet of the future looks like?

What is the Metaverse, and Are You Ready For Its Arrival?

Boost your Android Performance with these tips:

Essential Tips to Increase Android’s Performance

Explore more earning opportunities through your writing skills:

Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Programs for Blogs in 2021