Firstly, I wish each and everyone a very Happy International Women’s Day! In fact, we need to be grateful towards every woman in this world who have been struggling a lot to overcome their obstacles in their life. Most of the people look at women in a mediocre way which is the most miserable thing agonizing a woman and that has to be changed. The women are suffering in numerous ways due to some situations or other people. We need to remind the rest of the world how remarkable women are and the hardship they still encounter all over the world. Now, women had almost equal opportunities alike men in every field like in education, politics, career choice being a working mother.
Celebrated every year on March 8, International Women’s Day is a day set to address the rights of women and their accomplishments. To achieve equal rights many of them have struggled a lot. Now, there are more female doctors, lawyers, architects and much more than men in those careers. One needs to aim at inspiring women across the world by celebrating their achievements so that every individual will be aware of the cognizant of their prominence. To mark International Women’s Day, we give you an IQ booster shot with 10 facts you may not have known about women.
Amazing Facts for International Women’s Day
Here are the most interesting and amazing facts about women that you didn’t know till now. Take a look!
1. In nearly every country, women work longer hours than men and are paid less.
2. The two highest IQs ever recorded on a standard test both belong to women.
3. Women speak about 20,000 words a day on average. Men speak only 7,000 words a day.
4. The average woman owns more than 25 pairs of shoes.
5. Women produce HALF the world’s food but own only one percent of its farmland.
6. Women spend nearly ONE Year of their lives deciding what to wear.
7. Women Blink 19 times per minute, compared to 11 for Men.
8. IWD is also an official holiday in 15 countries including China, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
9. The average amount of time a woman can keep a secret is 47 hours and 15 minutes.
10. Women suffer four times as many headaches as men, which is thought to be due to fluctuations in Hormones.
Incredible Inventions & Achievements by Brilliant Working Women
- Melitta Bentz invented the COFFEE FILTER in 1908.
- Ida Forbes invented the WATER HEATER in 1917.
- Mary Anderson invented WINDSHIELD WIPERS in 1903.
- In 1960, Sirimavo Bandaranaike of Sri Lanka became the world’s first female elected head of state. Today, there are 20 female world leaders in power across 17 countries as head of government, head of state, or both.
- In 1914, Madam C.J. Walker became the first female self-made millionaire. Currently, there are 14 female self-made billionaires out of which 7 of them reside in China.
Anyone who knows anything of history knows that great social changes are impossible without feminine upheaval. Today, International Women’s Day is celebrated in universities, government organizations, and women’s community groups with activities centering around the accomplishments of women worldwide.
The International Woman’s Day theme for 2018 is:
“Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality”
I hope every individual will respect, help and protect Women in order to reach her goals. Do not ever degrade a Women by her responsibilities, she can do a lot of miracles and all we have to do is to cheer for her.
What do you think about Women’s Day? Tell us your views in the comment section below.