One of the best tools we have to protect our business’ digital assets today is Two-factor authentication (2FA), and if you’re looking to set up Cisco AnyConnect two-factor authentication, you’ve made the right choice.
Setting up 2FA with any VPN can be confusing at first, especially if you have a limited technical background, or are still just learning. Most two-factor authentication systems tend to overcomplicate the setting up process by having a lot of unnecessary steps due to poor configuration, and difficult language in the user guide. This leads to consumer frustration and disappointment. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
With LoginTC, user installation is simple and easy to follow. It’s our mission to give a seamless user experience, so even the least technical person can still set up our 2FA solution with their Cisco VPN.
The user experience connecting to and using a Cisco ASA VPN with two-factor authentication is nearly the same as without two-factor authentication but with an additional step after the user enters their username and password, so the authentication flow looks like this:
- The user opens their Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- The user enters their username and password
- The username and password are validated
- (If the username and password are correct) The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client prompts the user for their two-factor authentication credential
- The user enters their hardware or software one-time password or enters “1” to receive a LoginTC Push notification
- (If using LoginTC Push authentication) the user approves the LoginTC authentication request on their phone in the LoginTC app
- The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client establishes a VPN connection and the user is able to access the secure network
The implementation of 2FA with the Cisco VPN doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, it shouldn’t be difficult to begin with. LoginTC has plenty of resources that are user-friendly and easy to follow to ensure that your Cisco VPN is set up with 2FA properly and securely.
See our video: Cisco ASA SSL VPN Two Factor Authentication with LoginTC (time at 11:12)