Do you want to post a video on Instagram? And that video is in Gif format? Don’t worry. Now, it is very simple to post GIF on Instagram, but not directly in the GIF format. Then how? Do you know that the animated GIFs can be turned into a Video? Yes! You heard it right. Now, you can convert a GIF (.gif) to a video format. It is very easy with these tools. If you want to know how to get started with it, then scroll down for more simple methods.
There are many ways to convert an animated GIF to a Video. But why should we convert?
Why turn or convert an Animated GIF to a Video?
One of the important reasons is that many social sharing sites do not support animated GIFs. And if, they only allow uploads of certain file size. Video clips are supported by most if not all social media platforms. For example, Instagram does not support animated GIFs to be shown.
Social blogging sites like Tumblr have a restriction in both image dimension and file size when it comes to uploading animated GIFs. Files over 1 MB or larger than height or width of 500px cannot be uploaded. Or they also show up as still images.
Just as Twitter has been, Instagram also doesn’t support its users to upload animated GIFs to Instagram. You are allowed to upload GIFs to Instagram only as video, or you can also install an app to import GIF to Video to upload to Instagram. In addition, some websites also provide free GIF conversion to MP4 or other video formats.
Thus, though Instagram users cannot import animated GIF with the support from official, you can solve GIF uploading problem easily. You can upload them, but all you will see is the first frame, no animation. For this, you need to convert the GIF to a video either from an app or from online.
Methods to convert GIF to video format
GifShare – Easy tool to turn GIF to the video:
GifShare enables people to share animated GIFs to the most social media platforms. You can search GIFs from GifShare as well. With the user-friendly interface, you can upload GIF to Instagram from the iPhone in many choices.
- Search GIFs and download from GifShare iOS app or find GIF files from your Camera Roll.
- Edit GIFs of speed, background, and other filters.
- Convert GIFs to videos with crop and effects.
- Click the Share icon to upload GIF as video to Instagram.
Gifaroo – Simple GIF to video converter:
Gifaroo is another tool to upload GIF to Instagram from Android. You can use Google search to find GIF resources. With the customize filters, you can change the background. And you can also add captions in different fonts and colours.
- Browse websites inside Android GIF animation apk.
- Tap the idea GIF to edit.
- Share GIF as video version to upload a GIF on Android.
Tools to Turn GIF to Video Online for Instagram
The below conversion is an online service. That means you won’t have to download or install anything. For smaller files (100 MB and smaller), this service is completely for free.
1. Go to video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4.
2. You have to select the format of the video to which the GIF must be converted. Of course you could also choose another video converter, however, MP4 is the one format supported by the most platforms, websites, and players.
3. Upload the animated GIF you want to convert. You can either upload from your hard drive or enter a link and upload it from Google Drive or Dropbox.
4. Click on “Convert File” at the bottom of the form.
5. After a while, you will be redirected to the download page.
The download of your video will start automatically. Depending on your browser and setting, it will immediately download it or ask you for permission and a download location.
Now, you can upload your favourite GIFs to Instagram by converting them as Video. These are few methods and online tools to convert a GIF to Video.
If you know any other tools or easy software to convert or turn GIF format (.gif) to video format (.mp4 or anything) let us know in the below comments.
If you have any queries regarding the above software and online tools, let us know in the comments section below.
You may be interested in these tutorials too. Take a look
Which online tools or software or app do you use to convert GIF to video?