The latest security attacks have highlighted the importance of upgrading our mobile devices. Google publishes a list of safest Android mobile phones. Let us see which are included and check if your mobile is in it.
Although the ransomware WannaCry is not affected to the mobiles, it is important to keep any electronic device secured and updated. We cannot expect when that will effect our mobile phones and when it does, we are helpless to secure our Android mobile phone. It is a basic security measure that is applicable to computers, mobiles and even video surveillance cameras, and for a long time companies like Google are taking this issue more and more seriously.
Google releases security updates for Android every month that fixes any vulnerabilities that have been detected in the operating system. The problem is that these updates depend on each manufacturer, and companies like Samsung, Huawei or Sony are the ones who have the responsibility to get these patches to the users of their terminals. So, are the manufacturers meeting their part of the bargain? Google has decided to bring the truth to light.
List of Safest Android Mobiles by Google
In its latest report on the state of security in Android, Google has had no qualms in publishing a list of all manufacturers who have taken the trouble to distribute any of the security updates available in the last 60 days. Companies of the size of Google itself have it easy to get these updates to the Pixel and Pixel XL since the pure interface of their terminals allows their immediate distribution, but what about phones like the LG G6, the Samsung Galaxy S8 or the Sony Xperia X?
According to the table that you can see below, to date there are 42 Android phones that can be considered as the safest of the moment in the market. These 42 mobiles belong to twelve different manufacturers, and are the only ones that have received in the last two months some of the latest official security patches of the Google operating system.
Manufacturer —- Updated Models
The list of safest mobiles is as follows.
1. BlackBerry — Blackberry PRIV
Os & Processor Features
- Operating System
- Android Lollipop v5.1.1
- Processor Type
- Qualcomm 8992 Snapdragon 808 64 bit
- Processor Core
- Hexa Core
- Processor Clock Speed
- 1.2 GHz
- Operating Frequency
- GSM – 850, 900, 1800, 1900; WCDMA – 1700, 2100; 4G LTE (FDD) – B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B17, B20, B25, B28, B29, B30, LTE (TDD) – B38, B40, B41
- You can see more features or if you want you can buy with the below link provided to buy now button.
- 4 Features that a Power Bank must have to Use in Long Run
2. Fujitsu — F-01J
3. General Mobile — GM5 Plus D, GM5 Plus, General Mobile 4G Dual and General Mobile 4G
You can see all the mobiles which are mentioned in the General Mobile manufacturer below.
- 6 Telegram Features that WhatsApp Does not Have
4. Google — Pixel XL, Pixel, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X and Nexus 9
You can see all the mobiles which are mentioned in the Google Mobile manufacturer below.
5. LG — G6, V20, Stylo 2 V and GPAD 7.0 LTE
You can see all the mobiles which are mentioned in the LG manufacturer below.
6. Motorola — Moto Z and Moto Z-Droid
7. Samsung — Galaxy S8 +, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Active, Galaxy S6 Active, Galaxy S5 Dual SIM, Galaxy C9 Pro, Galaxy C7, Galaxy J7, Galaxy On7 Pro, Galaxy J2, Galaxy A8 and Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
5 incredible apps to Read Books on your Mobile devices for Free
8. Oppo — CPH1613 and CPH1605
9. Sony — Xperia XA1 and Xperia X
10. Alive — Vivo 1609, Vivo 1601 and Vivo Y55
You can see all the mobiles which are mentioned in the Alive Vivo manufacturer below.
It is important to note that we are talking about security updates, not Android versions. Because with the versions of the Android operating system there something curious happens. A mobile may be up to Android 7.0, but that does not necessarily mean that it has the latest security update available. These updates are distributed separately, and renewed every month. Therefore, a manufacturer can not upgrade their mobile to Nougat and then simply disregard it.
And what about the mobiles that do not appear in the above safest mobiles table? You mean they are not safe? Not at all, but it is true that if they do not appear in the Google list, it means that they are not protected against the latest threats that are appearing around the Android operating system. As a new security threat almost every month, we hope that this list published by the company of the great G will at least serve for the manufacturers to put the batteries with their updates.
These are the safest mobiles in the year 2017. Let me know if your mobile is included in this list. What do you think about this safest mobiles list? If you are interested to share your knowledge with us then write down your thoughts in the below comments.
Which mobile do you use now?