We all know that WiFi passwords are widely used to protect wireless networks around the world. They prevent unauthorized access or damage to computers using wireless networks.
The risks to users of wireless technology have increased as the service has become more popular. There were relatively few dangers when they first introduced wireless technology.
As an FYI, I’ve also found this video helpful – it specifically shows you how to view saved WiFi passwords on the iPhone and Ipad. It’s less than 60 seconds and will likely address your question very quickly – should you decide not to watch this video, you can continue reading. See the video below.
If you are using Mac and you want to find a saved Wi-Fi password on Mac, then this is for you.
Hackers had not yet had time to latch on to the new technology, and wireless networks were hard to find in the workplace. However, there are many security risks associated with the current wireless protocols and encryption methods and the carelessness and ignorance at the user and corporate IT level.
Thus, passwords came into existence to protect ourselves from hackers. Once you connected to a WiFi network, it will save on your iPhone or iPad automatically. But there comes a situation where you wanted to change. You may forget the password of your home network or see your WiFi password on the device.
So, it can be urgent to know how to view saved WiFi passwords on the iPhone. Don’t worry. There are a few simple ways to do this. Below, we will detail three easy ways to find a WiFi password on your iPhone.
How To Find Wi-Fi Password On Jailbroken iPhone or iPad
With a jailbroken iPhone, you can do many things that used to be impossible due to Apple restrictions. Here are the instructions to show saved Wi-Fi password in iPhone using Cydia after jailbreak:
Method 1: Wi-Fi Password app
- Search “Wi-Fi Password” in Cydia, a free app to easily view a saved WiFi password on iPhone. Tap the icon to start downloading.
- After downloading, click “Install” on the upper right corner to install the app. This process will finish within a few seconds.
- Now tap on “Return to Cydia” and tap on the Home button. Click the WiFi Password icon to open it. You’ll see a list of WiFi names and passwords that can be accessed.
Method 2: NetworkList app
- Open the Cydia app and search up ‘NetworkList.’
- Install the app on your device and open it.
- When it prompts you, tap ‘Restart Springboard.’
- Go to your Settings app, and tap WLAN.
- Click ‘Known Networks’ and you should be able to see your passwords.
How To View Saved Wi-Fi Password on iPhone Without Jailbreak:
Typically none of the Apple Store apps allow you to find the password for the wireless network on iPhone, but there’s still a way to find it.
1. Go to Settings and tap “Wi-Fi,” you can see the network name. Tap on the (i) info button to get the Router IP address.
2. Open safari and then type the Router IP address to get into the Router login panel page.
3. Now, you can log in with the default password. You are also allowed to search the password quickly with a specific Router Model.
How To See iPhone Wi-Fi Password by Using the Keychain App:
1. Go to Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access, click on “Password” in the left-hand menu to see WiFi network. You can see a list of the wireless router, double-click on the one you need.
2. The detailed information of the router will appear. Select the checkbox next to “Show password.”
3. Then, a pop-out window will ask you to enter the administrator name and password, type them and press “Allow” to go on.
4. Now, the WiFi password should appear in the text box next to Show Password.
Next, if you want to find all of your saved passwords on the iPhone and then delete them, here’s what you need to do:
- Start the Settings app.
- Go to Passwords and Accounts
- Next – head to website and app passwords.
- You will now have, on your iPhone or iPad, all of your saved passwords. If you want to see the details, like the usernames and passwords and URLs, then you can click the entry for the password itself.
So, these are a few ways to help you view saved WiFi passwords on iPhone, hoping it can work for you! If you have other network issues on your iPhone, lets us know in the comments section below.
If you use any other method to view a previous WiFi password on your iPhone or iPad, or iPod touch, let us know in the below comment section.
Tell us, which method do you use to view saved WiFi passwords on your iPhone/iPad/Mac?
Some other articles you might find of interest:
What Gaming PC should you get for under $1,000?
Have you ever wondered what the internet of the future looks like?
Can you have two phones with the same number?