Every day, we all use our phones for different purposes. How long we use our phone, our phone battery drains the charge in it. Thus, we simply go and connect the charger and charge the phone battery. But how many of you know about battery life? None of the tools actually tell you anything about your battery’s long-term health. Make a note, battery health is different from battery life.
Today we are going to tell you about how to see the iPhone battery health, iPhone battery cycle count. Scroll down to know more.
Battery life determines how long your battery lasts on a single charge, but your battery health determines how much your battery life diminishes over time. A healthy battery will have only a few percent shaved off its original capacity. There are two excellent ways you can check to get to know a better picture of your battery’s health.
- The remaining maximum capacity (the total charge your battery can hold), which you can check from your iPhone with the app.
- The second is the total number of charge cycles the battery has gone through.
Generally, not only iPhone battery, each and every battery goes through charge cycles. We all don’t know about these battery cycles. A charge cycle happens when you use all of the battery’s power but that doesn’t necessarily mean a single charge. Let us brief you in detail. For example, you could use half of your iPhone’s charge in one day and then recharge it fully. If you did the same thing the next day, it would count as one charge cycle, not two. This way, it takes several days to complete a cycle.
Each and every battery has a limited amount of charge cycles before it is considered as consumed. If it is consumed, a battery replacement is recommended. Once the battery reaches its cycle count, you will notice a reduction in the battery life. For this, the only solution is knowing how many charge cycles your battery has and how many are left can help you determine when a battery replacement is required.
There are few different ways to check the battery cycles of iPhone. Let us discuss one by one.
- Download and install iBackupbot from Apple Store.
- Now, connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC.
- Open the application iBackupbot, click the name of your device on the left sidebar, you will find information about your device.
- Then, choose “More Information”, where a new window appears that displays the number of your battery cycle count, as shown below.
This is one of the best ways to check the battery cycles because it will display accurate information about the health of the battery of your device.
2. Battery Life App:
With the Battery Life app and its unique technique to identify defective batteries, you will always know what’s wrong with your battery. It gives you a straightforward, no-nonsense display of how much battery capacity you have remaining on your iPhone.
- To get more information, tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the app and tap “Raw Data” for more in-depth battery details.
- The raw data is useful for a number of reasons. Primarily, it displays the battery’s current capacity.
- More interestingly, it shows a much more accurate reading of your battery’s current charge than what is displayed in the status bar.
- There’s also an option to see how long your battery will last in an array of the phone’s states.
For best performance, replace your battery when you reach its maximum cycle count. So, using these ways, you can check your iPhone battery cycles and people who are going to buy a second-hand iPhone, don’t forget to check the battery health.
If you have any queries let us know in the below comments.