Sometimes you get frustrated with yourself because you’ve deleted some files or some content, being freckle minded. Then you might realise the requirement of a file and you will search for any option to get back those files or part of them. Today, I’ll show you a trick by which you can recover your permanently deleted file without using any software. This trick will work on Windows 7, Windows 8 as well as Vista. When a file is deleted from your computer, its content doesn’t immediately get destroyed. Means, the only reference to file data in File Allocation Table or Master File Table is marked as deleted. It means that you might be able to recover deleted files or make it visible for file system again. Got a good response that this article helped many people to recover their important data after deletion.
How to Recover Deleted File without using any Software?
For example, let’s assume that you have permanently deleted “My Sweet Heart.JPG” from the folder named “My LIFE”, and now you want to recover “My Sweet Heart.JPG” back. Do this simple trick to recover your Sweet Heart.JPG
- Go to the folder “My LIFE” and right click on it.
- Select “Restore previous versions”.
- Now, you will see an option to recover the folder.
- If you don’t see “Restore Previous Versions” by Right Clicking, Go to Control Panel to turn on the System Protection.
- Then click on System & Security > System> System Protection (on the left side bar).
- Available drives with corresponding protection will be shown.
- Select a particular drive and click on configure.
- Click on “Restore system settings and previous versions of files” and Click on “OK”.
- That’s all, now you will see an option to recover the particular file.
- Your deleted file is restored again.
You can also recover your permanently deleted files with the help of software.
Recover permanently deleted files with the help of software:
1. Recuva Software
It can recover files that have been deleted accidentally. It supports image, audio, documents files and even emails. It scans the hard drive, find the file and copy it to flash media.
Step 1: Download and Install
- Download the free version of Recuva Software from the below link.
- As soon as the file gets downloaded, just double click on that file and hold on for a few seconds till you get a window as Recuva v1.50 Setup.
- Click on ‘Next’ that is displayed at the bottom of the window.
- Now, you will find a list of Install options through which you put a tick mark on the selected options.
- Then, Click on ‘Install’ to get Recuva on your computer.
- After completing the installation process, another window displays on the screen.
- Click on Finish button. Now, you have successfully installed Recuva Software on your system.
Step 2: Quick Launch- Run the File
- After finishing the installation of Recuva software, a quick launch file displays on the desktop. Click on that icon to Run and start the file.
Step 3: Choose Type of File
- You will get different file types like Music files, Documents, Video files, Images, all files, etc.
- You can choose a specific file or Select ‘All Files’ so that you can recover any type of deleted file.
- Now, just click on Next.
Step 4: Select File Location
- This is the most important step where you need to select the appropriate location of the deleted files from your Windows laptop or PC.
- Suppose, if you wish to recover the files from pen drive, memory card or any other external hard disk devices, then you need to connect those devices to your computer.
- You can choose the drive where you have deleted the file. Select a right option and click Next.
- But, if you don’t remember the specific location of the deleted file, then just mark on the option “I’m not sure”. Click “Next” for the further recovery process.
Step 5: Scanning Process
- After choosing the location of the deleted file, then you will be asked to initiate the scanning process.
- Now, the Recuva software is ready to search the permanently deleted files or data in your Windows system.
- Be sure before starting scan as it takes pretty much time in order to scan your entire drive.
- You will be displayed a window that asks for enabling deep scan.
- Don’t mark or tick on “Enable Deep Scan” and simply click on ‘Start’ in order to complete the task as early as possible.
Step 6: Final Recovery Process
- This is the final step of Recovery process where you can see a window that displays the files which you have already selected from the drive.
- Just have a glance at the below window where you will notify coloured icons like red, green and yellow that are present in front of the file names.
- The colours that are displayed represents the chance (possibility) of data recovery. The colour codes show the possibilities as follows:
Green >> Excellent Recovery
Yellow >> Very Poor Recovery
Red >> Can’t recover.
- As Green refers to successful file recovery, you need to make a tick mark in the check box present in front of the file name that has the green colour and then clicks on Recover.
- Pop-up window displays on the screen that will ask you to choose a specific location for saving the recovered file.
2. Panda Recovery
It recovers permanently deleted files, files originally deleted using Shift+Delete and DOS prompt. It allows you to find and recover recoverable deleted files from NTFS and FAT-formatted volumes, regardless of their type – you can recover pictures, songs, movies or documents.
3. Undelete Plus
It also recovers the permanently deleted file, size is approx 583 KB. It supports all Windows file systems that include NTFS/NTFS5, FAT12/16/32, and even image recovery is also possible from Multimedia, Compact Flash, Smart Media and Secure Digital cards.
4. TOKIWA Data Recovery
It supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS undeletion.The size is about 198 kB, and easily portable.
5. Puran File Recovery
It is another best software that can recover permanently deleted files from your computer. It is capable of scanning any device that includes USB, Pen Drive, Mobiles,etc., that facilitates you to recover all your deleted files. The test feature of this software is, it can recover any partition/drive if it is not overwritten by some other new files. Puran File Recovery can be installed on your system as it is absolutely free of cost.
6. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
It is one of the best software that helps you to get back your deleted files. It supports major versions of Windows Operating system that includes Windows 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista and Servers 2012, 2003, 2008. It is free software, but it is limited up to 2 GB and if you want to recover a number of files, then you need to upgrade your membership.
Recover Permanently Deleted Files on your Windows 8 Computer
Windows 8 Data Recovery Software can be very much useful for successful restoration of permanently deleted data on your Windows 8 device. This software is capable of retrieving all types of deleted files that include applications, documents, media files, archive files, etc. It can recover the deleted files not only on Windows 8 but also supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 or any other OS. Using this efficient software, you can also restore data from flash cards or USB hard drives.
Step 1: Download demo version of Windows 8 Data Recovery Software and install it on your Windows 8 computer. After the application gets launched, just click on “Recover Files” option from the main screen.
Step 2: Choose ‘Recover Deleted Files’ from the two options listed as Recover lost files and Recover deleted files.
Step 3: You will be asked to choose drivers/partitions that are displayed on the window present in the below image. For example Driver C, Memory Card, USB Drive, etc.
Step 4: Select a right drive now from which you have permanently deleted the file.
Step 5: Now, you need to select the type of file that you want to recover from your system. You can even skip this step that is present at the bottom of the window.
Step 6: After completing the scanning process, the software will now list out all the files that were permanently deleted from your device.
Step 7: Later, the device displays a window showing that restoration is completed successfully.
Step 7: You can see all the data either in “File Type View” or “Data View”. Now, you can select any file/files that need to be restored on your system.
Step 8: Save the recovery session in order to avoid re-scanning of the drive.
Recover SHIFT+Delete Files on your Windows 10 Computer
Here is a way to recover the Shift+Deleted files on your Windows 10 computer, with this method. See how.
These are the best methods of restoring permanently deleted files using software and without using software from your Windows computer or laptop. Follow the methods Hope, this article helps you to restore deleted files from your system in the best way.
If you have any queries in the above methods, let us know the below comment section. We will get back to you to solve all your queries as soon as possible.
If you know any other methods regarding this issue, write them in your comments and we will include in our article in the next update after verifying your method.
Which method do you use to recover permanently deleted files from Windows 7,8,Vista,10?