WhatsApp has recently announced its new feature that we can delete sent messages in WhatsApp within the maximum time limit of 7 minutes. Did any of your friends do this with you? Do you want to know the message that is been deleted? Then, you are at the right place. Yes, we have discovered a trick to see a deleted WhatsApp message even after the 7 minutes. Do you want to know how? Then continue reading the article.
SEE a Deleted WhatsApp Message after 7 minutes
What we found is that the messages are stored in the notification register of the Android system. So, it’s just a matter of entering that record to see the messages that the other person deleted. The Notification History application is a shortcut to that record.
Despite the limitations of this trick, it works perfectly. Serves when the notification of a message has been accidentally deleted. You can also retrieve messages that have already been seen.
To proceed, make sure you have a phone with Android 6 or 7 at least. Compatibility varies from one phone to another.
Search the message in the Android notification log
To see the notification log, the simplest thing is to install the Notification History application. It is just a shortcut to open the notification registry of the Android system. Tap your icon and you will be inside.
Finally, you have to look for the notification that says WhatsApp. The message will be on the line that says “android.text”.
Other ways to access notification history to View the WhatsApp messages after 7 Minutes of Deletion
These are the other methods to see the deleted WhatsApp messages even after the 7 minutes of the time.
If you are already using an advanced launcher such as Nova Launcher, it is not necessary to install the Notification History application that is mentioned above. You can find the shortcut to the notification log in the options of this launcher:
- Make a long press on an empty area on the home screen
- Tap on “Widgets”
- Make a long press on “Activities” and drop when you jump to the home screen.
- In the list that will appear, touch on “Settings”.
- In the sub-list, tap “Notification Log” to create the shortcut on the home screen.
From that shortcut, you can enter the Android notification history and search for WhatsApp deleted messages, as indicated at the beginning.
No additional applications
In phones with Android system “pure”, surely the previous apps will not be necessary. If the “Settings” widget is added to the home screen, you will probably find the “Notification registration” option in any Android mobile, example, Motorola Moto G.
Limitations to retrieve messages
- Only messages that have already been seen or interacted with can be retrieved (for example, if notification is discarded or the notification bar or floating notification is removed, even if the message has NOT been opened). Only when the system detects these events does it save the message in the registry. Otherwise, replace the message with the message “This message has been deleted.”
- Only the first 100 characters of the deleted message (approximately) will be visible.
- The registry only saves notifications for a certain time. Some hours only. We do not know what this depends on. But you’re probably in trouble if you expect to be able to retrieve messages from the previous day. If you deleted messages you received days ago (although it is ridiculously unlikely), using the restore option when reinstalling WhatsApp may allow you to see those messages.
- Applicable on Android 7 and we believe that in higher versions. We have tested it on Android 6, and although this system has the option of notification history, we have not been able to see the content of those notifications. But go ahead, try it!
- It only works with messages that have generated a notification on the phone. That is, you can not retrieve received messages while you were on the screen AND open the chat with the other person (a condition that does not generate notifications).
- You can recover text only. The photos cannot be recovered. The positive thing is that if it was a photo, you will know it because in the registration of the notification it will appear as such. If it was a text, “This message was deleted” will appear, which is the generic warning that WhatsApp shows, be it text or multimedia what was deleted.
Better safe than sorry
If you want to see messages that eliminate you, there are applications that make a backup of what you receive. The best thing about these applications is that they do not have any of the above limitations. You can “recover” messages that you have not seen, in almost any version of Android and not only WhatsApp but also Telegram. You can even RECOVER PHOTOS !!!
We have tried the Recent History application, which works very well.
Whether you use the Android notification record or the backup application, it is important to understand that the content of messages is extracted from cell phone notifications. Therefore, make sure that your WhatsApp notifications are not disabled. In the settings of the application, option “Notifications”, the minimum that must be activated is the option “Allow notifications”.
This is how we can see the Deleted WhatsApp messages after 7 minutes of time. If you are facing any issues while applying the above methods, let us know them in the below comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible to solve all your queries.
Would you like to add any other important points to this article? Then write them to us in the comment box or through contacting us page, we will include them in this article, once the review is done.
Which app do you use to retrieve the deleted messages in WhatsApp account?