You can thoroughly delve into the virtual world with Oculus. This is the reason I made the decision to get my hands on it.
But… I couldn’t get my controls to function, which annoyed me, because the oculus controller was the most eminent way to utilize my VR headset. Likewise, if your oculus controller is not working, or you’re having difficulty with your oculus controller, don’t worry, you are not alone.
I went online and peeked through various user forums, videos, and technical blogs to have multiple solutions in my hands. So, high-five, I can help you if your oculus controller is driving you pissed off. Get set go…
Why Won’t My Oculus Controller Work?
Is your full Oculus controller not working? Or, is your right or left oculus controller not working? Is your oculus controller not turning on? The scenario can be anything. However, the following may be some of the reasons behind the Oculus controller not working.
- The battery might be the issue. The battery level of the controller is low; it might not provide enough knowledge.
- If our Oculus Quest 2 controller not working even after resolving the battery issue, the software might be outdated.
- The damaged connection between the controller and headset can cause problems in Oculus’s functioning.
- Damaged hardware can also cause errors.
8 Ways To Fix Your Oculus Controller
Pairing Controllers With The Oculus
Connection problems between the controller and the headset might potentially cause the Oculus go controller not to work. To resolve this, try pairing your controller with oculus. To get this solution done follow the steps below. Keep in mind that for this, you will need an oculus application.
- Launch the Oculus app on your smartphone.
- Click on the three-bar symbol in the lower right corner. This will display the menu tab.
- Tap the devices option. Scroll through the options and pick controllers.
- Select your controller. Press the unpaired button.
- Wait for a few seconds before restarting your oculus application. Return to the controller area and press the pair button once more.
This should resolve your oculus quest 2 right controller not working issue.
Is your oculus VR controller not working? Update everything to keep your VR set functioning properly to enjoy the best oculus experience. You have to go to the oculus support website and download the most recent version of the drivers. Then follow the installation instructions step-by-step.
Restart The Headset
You should try restarting the headset and seeing if the problem goes away. Turn off the controller fully. Hold down the power button on the headset. Look for all the indicators to go off. When all of the indications have shut down, push the power button once again to switch on the headset. After that, the problem should be resolved no matter whether your left or right-hand oculus controller not working.
Replace The Batteries
Replace the old or depleted batteries with new ones if possible. AA batteries are generally required for the oculus controller. For this, push the area where you hold the controller downward from the top. This will allow you to access the battery compartment. Now replace the old batteries with the new AA batteries. Try using the oculus controller again.
Factory Reset The Oculus
Unpair And Reconnect The Controller
We may also experience problems with the oculus controller due to connection problems between the controller and a headset. Try pairing and then repairing the controller.
- Launch the Oculus app on your smartphone to unpaired the controllers.
- Go to the app’s controllers menu and hit unpair.
- After that, restart the oculus app.
- To pair the controller, go to controllers, and then press on pair.
Disable USB Selective Suspend
USB selective suspect is a Windows feature that prevents specific USB ports to spare your computer from consuming unnecessary energy. It may, therefore, cause your oculus controller to stop operating at times.
- In the window, search box, type power plan, and then click edit power plan.
- Change advanced power settings by clicking the change button.
- To extend this category, double-click USB settings.
- Set the USB selective suspend setting by double-clicking it.
- Disabled should be selected from the Drop down menu next to settings.
- Then press the OK button.
Check to see whether the problem has been resolved. If not, continue reading for the next solution.
Submit A Support Ticket
If changing your batteries and updating your controllers have not fixed your problems, there is nothing further you can do.
You must contact Oculus support and submit a support request. It may help you fix your oculus controller or replace it totally.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Fix The Unresponsive Oculus 2 Controller?
Hold down the power button on your Oculus Quest 2 headset until there are no signs indicating the device is still active. Afterward, restart it and hit a few buttons on each Quest 2 controller to let them be correctly linked again.
What To Do If Your Oculus Controller Won’t Turn On?
Whatever problem you’re having with your Oculus controller, a full reset may be a good answer. This will need the removal and reinsertion of the AA batteries.
Why Is My Oculus Controller Not Working After Battery Replacement?
Sometimes the controller unpairs itself after replacing the battery which is why our oculus controller stopped working. To make this issue resolved, hold down two buttons on the controllers for 20 seconds. It should connect and start working.