In the world of tech, almost everything has become hi-fi. When it comes to social networking platforms, people are highly enthusiastic about sharing photos and videos with their friends and loved ones.
Nicholas H Parker from BuyEssayClub asks to notice that popular social media giants like Facebook, Twitter, and instant messaging apps like WhatsApp and Snapchat have earned tremendous presence across the globe due to their incredible features.
Digital cameras and smartphones imply that most of us have tons of photos scattered everywhere—from mobile phones and computer hard drives to social media profiles. There must be a place where you can store and share your photos with your friends across platforms!
Are you looking for the best way to store and share your photos? If so, you’re not alone. There are some phenomenal sites where you can share photos with your friends, family, and colleagues. You can organize massive photo collections, contribute to shared albums, and ensure that your photos stay with you regardless of where they originated.
In this post, I have compiled a list of the top photo-sharing sites of 2022.
We believe that there are four main criteria to consider when choosing the best photo-sharing site. With these points, you’ll be able to pinpoint what you’re really looking for in terms of a photo platform.
- Storage Cost
First of all, you need to figure out how much memory your albums will require. This is mostly decided by where most of your photos or images come from. Usually, photos on a smartphone can range from 500KB to 2MB in size. On the contrary, photos from point-and-shoot cameras are usually 1 to 5MB, based on the megapixel count of the camera. You’ll want to choose lower storage limits in the beginning.
- Automatic Photo Sync
If you capture a bundle of photos, a service that syncs images automatically through a smartphone app or folder on your computer can save you the trouble of a manual backup.
Do you wish to have complete control over who can see your pictures? For instance, personal and family albums might benefit from a site that lets you password-protect albums.
- Full-size Upload and Download
If you want to take a print of your photos or back up a collection, find a service that enables full-resolution uploads and downloads. Some services downsize photos for quicker downloading speeds.
If you can remember to take all of these requirements into account, you can rest assured that you have chosen the best photo-sharing site when it’s time to post. We guarantee that if you can define your needs as a patron of these sites, you are the most well-equipped to have an amazing media platform to post your favorite moments.
So, here’s the list of 2022 top 20 photo-sharing sites. Check it out!
Instagram – Best for Social Sharing
If you’re looking for a website that helps you share your photos across social media, Instagram is the best choice. If your focus is mainly on sharing (and not necessarily storing) your pictures with friends, Instagram is for you.
Instagram is an insanely popular app for Android and iOS but doesn’t have much desktop accessibility. Despite the ability to browse photos on its website, it’s challenging to post photos to Instagram from your computer. To do that, here’s a guide.
With this app, you can post unlimited amounts of photos or short videos. Though your photos are compressed, it’s not the perfect spot to save pictures you may wish to print out in the future. You can tag your followers in photos and even caption the images with hashtags to aid people in finding your photos. You can find a person’s complete photo history just by clicking on their profile tab.
- There is no storage cost and it is absolutely free with unlimited uploads.
- You need to create an Instagram account to upload and view photos.
- There is no automatic photo sync available on Instagram, especially if Instagram followers unfollow
- You can set your account to be viewed only by authorized followers, or set it so anyone with an Instagram account can view your photos.
Imgur is one of the best photo-sharing sites for uploading images from PC or other URLs. It is an image-sharing network where hosted images can obtain high traffic. You can sign in and create new albums on Imgur. Whenever you upload your images or photos on Imgur, you will get multiple options to share your images. These include direct links, message boards, HTML code, etc.
You can also add titles and descriptions to your uploaded images or videos. There is even a Meme Generator on Imgur that allows you to create your own memes. All you have to do is choose a Template meme image, and then upload your desired image to meme. There are many mobile apps offered by Imgur to simplify your tasks.
With all of these great features, it should come as no surprise that this website has become the go-to for many internet users to share photos with the world. This site, we’d say, makes it the easiest to share photos with larger audiences that normally might not find your content easily.
Flickr – Best for Huge Photo Collections
Flickr, one of the most popular photo-sharing sites across the globe, offers incredible features. In comparison to other photo-sharing sites, Flickr has amazing features for a very affordable price. Flickr offers 1TB of storage for free—that means it can hold 500,000 to 2 million photos with unlimited picture resolution! Users can also upload 1080p high-def video clips with playback up to three minutes long.
You can organize pictures into collections and sub-collections, with options to tag keywords and people either individually or in groups. Your followers can tag photos, devising a bulky database of keyworded photos. You can then search your library by keyword or people’s tags and sort by the dates that photos were captured or posted.
Upload photos via email, the website, or directly from the Flickr smartphone app. Share albums on social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Twitter. If you need pictures as hard copies, you can simply print products such as wall art and photo books.
- You can store your photos on Flickr free of cost which offers 1TB of storage.
- Automatic photo sync is available through the Flickr smartphone app for iPhone and Android devices.
- You need not explicitly create an account on Flickr to view photos.
- Choose the audience for every photo as friends, family, the public, or your eyes only.
- Easily upload or download photos in full size.
Photobucket – Best Editing Tool
If your smartphone doesn’t provide the best editing tools, Stalwart’s photo-sharing site Photobucket provides an automatic image editor with simplistic features. This includes red-eye removal, sharpening, and cropping. You can even add splashes of color to a black and white photo. Try out vintage-style filters, and draw, or write on pictures.
The iPhone and Android apps have editing features including a GIF maker. Pick up to 60 photos from your Photobucket account to create your own stop-motion animation. You can upload photos from Facebook, your computer, or other websites. You can create shared albums where friends can contribute photos, videos, and text of their own.
Photobucket boasts a big community of people who post images to a public photo feed with tons of interesting tags and topics. So, it’s also a good option if you want your albums to reach more than just friends and family. The Photobucket app offers 2GB of free storage space including an additional 8GB of storage. The prices range from 22GB for $2.99/month up to 502GB for $39.99/month.
- Allows automatic photo sync with desktop computers, iPhones, and Android.
- You don’t need an account to view photos on Photobucket.
- You can add a password to albums or choose to make them private.
- It is possible to upload or download photos to or from Photobucket in full size.
Shutterfly – Good Photo Products
Shutterfly is a popular photo-sharing and printing site that offers free unlimited photo storage. Their main flow of earnings seems to be from the widespread printing options they offer. These range from photo books and cards to stationery, prints, and posters. If you’d like to get your photos printed on something or in a distinct way, Shutterfly might be one of the great places to start.
Shutterfly offers a vast array of photo gifts including metal prints, wooden wall art, and battery cases for smartphones. There’s also the typical lineup of personalized stationery, crockery, blankets, cushions, as well as kiddy-oriented products like lunch bags, puzzles, and books customized with your little one’s face on their pages.
Shutterfly is a great choice for storing your photo collection online because it offers unlimited storage with no constraints on the size of photos uploaded or import sources. You can also send photos via iPad, iPhone, or Android apps. Once photos are uploaded, you can send a link to the gallery via email or Facebook for friends to view.
- Shutterfly offers unlimited storage free of cost.
- It doesn’t allow automatic photo sync on Shutterfly.
- You don’t need an account to view photos on Photobucket.
- Albums are private by default, and photo-sharing sites are confined to their members.
- It is possible to upload or download photos to or from Photobucket in full size.
DeviantArt is another site focused on community and sharing your art, be it photos or other digital creations. You’re likely accustomed to DeviantArt as it’s one of the most popular digital media communities on the web. They have integration with print shops and other apparel such as t-shirts, hats, bags, and other great stuff. DA.com is a popular one with creative types and it is very community-focused compared to other photo-sharing sites.
- Free photo-sharing site that lets you share your photos with much ease.
- Provides unlimited storage space for storing your photos.
- The types of file formats accepted by DeviantArt are .jpg, .gif, and .png.
- Doesn’t allow you to upload videos on the site.
This site is highly popular among internet users for its facilitation of creativity. There’s virtually no end to the custom photo designs you can make, find, or even sell.
SmugMug is another great photo-sharing site completely packed with amazing features. For professionals, it doesn’t get much better than SmugMug. Although more expensive than most other options, you’ll absolutely get your money’s worth from its features and adaptability. SmugMug also has a hint of a community, but nothing to the degree of Flickr. SmugMug’s selling points are in its incredible features for those highly fascinated by photography.
- It is not available for free. The price of this site depends on the type of versions like standard, power, and pro versions.
- SmugMug provides unlimited storage space.
- The maximum size of images for standard and power versions is 12MB, while the pro version is 24MB.
- The types of file formats accepted by SmugMug are .jpg, .gif, and .png. It doesn’t allow you to upload videos on the site.
- It allows you to upload videos on this photo-sharing site.
- The maximum length of video one can share on SmugMug is 10 minutes. You can view videos in high digital (HD) quality.
So, if you are a more high-level photographer looking for a great way to store and share photos, SmugMug might be the right choice for you.
Zenfolio – Best for Professionals
Another awesome photo-sharing site for photography enthusiasts is Zenfolio. This site offers exceptional features for the price, including Google Analytics integration. Really, Zenfolio is built to host portfolios rather than photo feeds, and it offers sleek homepage layouts to show off your best images. It even has a blog feature where you can easily upload photos and videos as you go. The file size offered by the Zenfolio is limited to 64MB per file, but there is no limit on the number of photos you can upload. So, it’s a great tool to stock high-resolution images.
You can easily sort photos into galleries that have searchable descriptions, categories, and keyword tags. Photos can be viewed in an artistic slideshow wherein you will have the ability to control the background music, speed, and transitions.
- If you wish to use this, you need to pay a certain amount for acquiring storage space.
- Automatic photo sync is available with the Zenfolio apps for iPhone and Android devices.
- You don’t need to have an account to view photos on Zenfolio.
- You can add a password to a gallery to keep it private.
- Allows you to upload videos.
Phanfare is a popular photo-sharing site for photographers, touting top-notch features such as RAW support with up to 100MB image size uploads and HD video up to 20 minutes in length. With a free 14-day trial, you’ll be able to get a feel for the site before committing to payment.
Phanfare’s pricing is quite competitive, and it is absolutely affordable for the features and options available.
- If you wish to use this, you need to pay a certain amount for acquiring the storage space.
- Premium: $49.99 and Pro: $99.99
- It provides unlimited storage space.
- The maximum size of the image offered by Phanfare is 20MB.
- The types of file formats accepted by Phanfare are .jpg, .gif, .psd, .tiff, and RAW images.
- It allows you to upload videos.
- The maximum video length offered by the premium version is 10 min, and the Pro version is 20 min.
- You can view videos in high digital (HD) quality.
PBase is one of the best photo-sharing sites to view millions of photos uploaded by its users. It does not offer a free account option, and you can get 500MB of storage for $23 per year. Otherwise, you can get 1500MB for $60 per year. You can create an unlimited number of galleries from your photos stored on PBase’s servers.
PBase offers StatCounter, Google Analytics, and Extreme Tracking capabilities for each of your galleries. There is also a PBase forum community that users can participate in. PBase users also publish a professional-looking magazine, aptly named PBase Magazine, which has a pretty cool history.
Fotki is one of the most popular photo-sharing sites trying to outdo Flickr. This site was recommended by many people around the web. They offer affordable photo printing options and competitive photo uploading/sharing options. One feature they offer that most other sites don’t is FTP access to photos. This may be a tremendous positive if you’re accustomed to FTP.
Although Fotki is easy to use, it has plenty of distinct options that can be very powerful. One popular feature that’s notable on the front page is a free unlimited photo hosting for websites, blogs, emails, and auctions.
For sharing, there’s a limited free account with only 50MB of storage space. You can move to the Pro account which costs $30. You’ll get unlimited storage space for your shared photos. Additionally, premium users can use Fotki as a selling platform, and the site only takes a 15% reduction from the prices that you charge. It’s one of the rare photo hosting sites to allow its members FTP access.
- If you wish to use this, the storage space is totally free.
- It doesn’t allow you to upload videos.
Photoshop.com isn’t simply an online image editor, it’s also a photo library management app with great-looking interface features. It is well-known that Adobe is no sluggard when it comes to media, especially regarding Photoshop. Photoshop.com evidences Adobe’s expertise in this area..
- Free up to $499.99 annually.
- Free storage space of 2 GB. If you need more than that, you’ll need to pay up to 500 GB.
- The maximum file size is 200 MB for web users and 2 GB for those using AIR app.
- It allows you to upload videos.
RedBubble is a photo-sharing site that is quite more focused on the artistic side of photography, design, and art, providing people with a venue to share their creations and prints. They make t-shirts, cards, art prints, and much more. Users are capable to sell and share their work for others to enjoy. The community is a huge part of RedBubble, since who doesn’t like art?
- Offers free storage space for its users to store their photos.
- Provides unlimited storage space.
- The maximum image size that you can upload is 60 MB.
- The file format types accepted by the RedBubble photo sharing sites are .jpg and .png.
- Doesn’t let you upload video files.
Photo.net will be suitable for newer photographers. It is a huge community of both novice and professional photographers, all with a wide range of experience. Upload photos, submit them for comments, and critique others’ submissions on Photo.net. You can have your own gallery, too!
Earn a few more features by making a $20 donation each year.
Besides this, you can even participate in moderated forums. If you need assistance or have a question, the forum community would be glad to help you. If you’re fresh to photography, or if you just want to study it, Photo.net is one of the better online resources out there.
Snapfish is another photo-sharing site by HP that follows in line with Shutterfly. This site offers unlimited photo storage, free sharing, and it especially shows up on the printing front. Using Snapfish, you’ll be able to print photos on just about anything. There are literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of printing options to pick from, so if you wish to print photos, Snapfish is a site to check out.
- Offers free storage space to upload and store photos.
- Enables you to store unlimited photos.
- The file format type accepted by Snapfish is only the .jpg format.
- Doesn’t allow you to upload videos.
Other Photo Sharing Sites
So, these are 2022’s top 20 photo-sharing sites that should help you store and share your photos with friends, colleagues, and loved ones. Having a good site to share your favorite moments with the ones you hold the closest is a great way to stay in contact, share your life, and experience the lives of others.
Evidently, it’s no wonder that in the past decade, photo-sharing sites have become so popular! If you have any other photo-sharing apps or websites that you’d like us to include in the next article, let us know in the comments below! We’ll include them in the next update.
I hope this guide helps you to pick the one that best suits your requirements.
Which photo-sharing site do you use the most?